29 August 2019
About The Client
Our Customer is a leader in the travel industry assisting its customers in making intelligent travel plans as a one-stop shopping place for all their travel needs. From a small travel agency more than 5 decades ago, they have expanded exponentially, becoming one of the largest travel companies in India with multiple offices worldwide.
Our Customer, already on AWS Cloud, was in an expansion phase. During peak hours and heavy workloads, their applications stopped responding to user requests leading to frequent service outages resulting in a potential revenue loss for the organization. With the internal teams not well versed with the Cloud technologies, the architecture was inefficient due to best practices not being followed, and there were limitations in dealing with simultaneous failures or traffic congestions. Also, performance optimization was tedious because there was no monitoring enabled for their PaaS service.
After taking over the Managed Services, the AWS-certified engineers at Rapyder introduced several processes and procedures to assist in alleviating the Customer’s pain points:
- 24x7x365 Failure Response Process: Continuously monitoring, Online ticketing service, and alarms were handled directly by iNOC engineers, ultimately leading to fast response time.
- The monitoring system was set up on the cloud, based on the customer’s existing environment and demand to continuously monitor all applications in real-time, improving decision-making.
- Efficient architecture design: Re-Architected different application components to make them scalable and introduced Auto-heal concepts at AWS Cloud & client services level.
- Auto-scaling of app components was implemented.
- Centralized logging & Alerting system was put in place to identify application issues.
- The access mechanism was rectified to improve the security of the deployment process.
- Operational processes were streamlined for smoother operations on data access.
- Automation on build deployment was put in place.
- Implement a security framework to enable the development team to focus on the business prospectus and not on operational hazards.
- Creation of a fail-safe cloud operating environment by implementing scheduled backups and automatic restores in case of data loss.
- Audit trails are maintained for every activity performed on the infrastructure for operational transparency.
- Since moving under the Rapyder Managed Services portfolio, the Customer’s average disruption time, which previously was 10 days in a Business year (approx. 97% SLA), was reduced to 52 minutes (approx. 99.99% SLA) in a Business year, thus making 99.99% of service availability a reality.
- The Customer could reliably operate their frequently growing workloads without system downtime or issues.
- Our Client reduced its monthly AWS infrastructure operating costs by 12%, consolidating idle resources and introducing AWS RI Model.
Keep up to date with the latest Case Studies and Stories from Rapyder. Sign-up for our Monthly Newsletter here.
Rapyder Cloud Solutions is an agile, innovative company that makes Cloud work for you. Rapyder is a proud member of the Amazon Partner Network for AWS and a leading provider of Strategic Cloud Consulting, Cloud Migration, DevOps Automation, Managed Services, and Security Consulting.