About The Client
The idea of GlobalKart was conceptualized in November 2018 with the vision to revolutionize the online commerce experience that catered to Solution Centric Products. They aim to come up with innovative products from all around the globe which can give solution to everyday problems, whether it is your concern for personal data security or you fed-up with noise around or you need to monitor your child health or even you tend to misplaced things often. Globalkart believes in manifesting solution with a collection of innovative products that can make a difference in our everyday life.
The Customer was running their e-commerce application on AWS and were looking to migrate their application from single server to a well-architected scalable framework on AWS. They were using same server for both application and DB in a single AZ.
Consultants at Rapyder had multiple discussions with the Customer to understand their requirements for the migration as well as their existing software release processes. Our Cloud engineers proposed an optimal solution stitched around AWS Cloud. The following solutions were proposed and implemented:
- As security perceptive, none of the Instances were made accessible directly & only LB exposed to the public for accepting application traffic.
- Web layer running on two instances for High availability through Auto-scaling under Load balancer.
- MySQL DB moved to RDS with MultiAZ for high availability.
- AWS ElastiCache configured to improve caching data accessiblity.
- Cloudfront created to serve static content.
- Infra Monitoring using AWS CloudWatch configured.
- AWS WAF was implemented to protect the web applications from web exploits.
- Periodic Automatic Snapshots and AMI backup were implemented.
- Highly available and Scalable architecture has been provisioned at all layers
- Automation has been put in place to automate the deployment into autoscaling groups using a program with zero downtime.
Keep up to date with the latest Case Studies and Stories from Rapyder. Sign-up for our Monthly Newsletter here.