About The Client
Built with an aim to bolster and serve the textile fraternity, the Customer has a market driven B2B portal that marked its existence in the year 2000 and since then, has consistently been growing in leaps and bounds. Their rich experience, commitment, accountability and innovations have helped to foster the business of small, medium and large companies and enterprises associated with us. With digital presence in more than 190 countries, the organization has been able to carve a niche for themselves in the industry.
The Customer was looking to run their .NET based application on AWS Cloud. They had 3 websites running. All sites had been developed on a 2-tier architecture with User Interface on a Database layer. All sites under the domains were running on 2 Web servers with SQL Server Standard edition as DB. Customer wanted to migrate their current infrastructure to AWS and looking for the same vendor to provide Managed Services.
Rapyder worked with the customer to understand the current architecture and then designed and implemented the entire infrastructure on AWS using the following:
- Two web servers were provisioned under ALB. All the websites were deployed on both the web servers
- All the servers except the RDP server were hosted in private subnet
- Only load balancer and RDP servers were in public subnet
- The web servers had a file server mounted for use during deployments as well as user uploads
- SQL Server Standard License was included as part of the AWS Infra Cost
- Active Directory and DNS were run in High Availability mode across 2 AZs, one in an EC2 and one in file server
- AWS S3 was used for any Data / Logs backups.
- NAT Gateway was added which is Highly Available AWS Managed Service.
- Periodic Automatic Snapshots were built in, on successful completion of POC.
- EBS Extension of Hard disk size was automated to manage cost and data growth requirements.
- AWS CloudWatch was used for monitoring.
- AWS CloudTrail was setup for API and account activity tracking.
- The Customer, at the end of the engagement, went online with a reliable infrastructure which met all of their demands. Because of the elastic nature of the architecture, the solution was able to scale to meet demand of the application when the traffic was high on the websites.