17 August 2021
About The Client
Our Customer is a pan-India enterprise providing best in class business processing solutions. They have personnel working in three shifts in a day to cater to their customers across the globe.
The Business Need
The users, when connecting from outside office, faced problems with access to their business applications – both performance slowness and access downtimes. The data also needed to be protected which was a critical thing with respect to DLP. The frequent bad user experience also led to a low towards IT. One prime area of concern was to ensure the security of their data, which had some increased risks when all users were field based.
This led to the Customer looking for a solution that would improve its delivery and support of IT while lowering the total cost of ownership.
Solution Architects at Rapyder carried out an assessment of the Customer’s environment & requirements and recommended that they move to a managed workspace environment.
- All users provisioned on AWS Workspace in the Singapore region.
- Hardened operating system environments were used as a secure base to package the
- Identity and access management was established using identity federation back to
the corporate Active Directory.
- Multiple security features included – WAF, USB lockdown, IP lockdown, copy & paste
- A VPN tunnel was established between AWS and their data center to allow their access to their enterprise applications.
- A highly resilient Amazon Workspaces platform was created, ensuring all services are placed across two different availability zones so that in the event of an AZ failure, the services automatically restart and will be available in an alternate zone.
- Better management of infra-structure for optimal resource utilization and application performance.
- Users can work from anywhere and the company’s data stays on company systems.
- The new user setup is 75% faster than the old environment, and users are provisioned in as little as 30 minutes.
- Improved cost efficiency by systematically managing new hires, terminations, and changes, efficiently and effectively.
- IT support staff focusing less on maintaining IT systems and more on solving business problems.
- Business continuity ensured even when physical office access is adversely impacted
Rapyder Cloud Solutions is agile, innovative company that makes Cloud work for you. With a young, passionate team and expertise in Cloud Computing Solutions, Big Data, Marketing & Commerce, DevOps and Managed Services, Rapyder is the leading provider of Strategic Cloud Consulting, Cloud Migration, DevOps Automation, Managed Services, and Security Consulting. With headquarters in Bangalore and sales & Support office in Delhi, India, we have the global assimilation of the cloud industry and ensure optimal technology solutions to reduce costs, streamline business processes and gain business advantages for their clients. For any queries, call Rapyder Cloud Consultants on +91 73386 86644 today! To know more about the company, please visit https://www.rapyder.com