5 October 2021
About The Client
Medi Assist is India’s largest Third-Party Administrator (TPA) and the preferred Health and Wellness Partner for India’s most discerning corporates nationwide. Medi Assist offers health benefits administration services, including cashless claims management, reimbursements, pharmacy benefits, planned hospitalization, and a host of outpatient services to corporates and individuals under the brand name of MediBuddy. MediBuddy is an award-winning technology platform that transforms the health insurance industry at the very core.
Customer Business Needs:
Medi Assist was running their TPA production workloads on-premise, consisting of a combination of Linux and Windows-based environments.
Mediassist customer base is increasing rapidly, and they needed a public cloud platform that could scale according to the user traffic without any manual intervention or delays in infrastructure procurement.
Rapyder worked with Mediassist to assess their current application and infrastructure landscape, and a detailed plan was created for migrating their applications to AWS concerning cost, security, and scalability.
As part of this, around 25 applications running across 70+ servers were migrated in a lift-and-shift fashion to AWS. Also, high-traffic facing applications were deployed across availability zones with autoscaling to ensure high availability.
Solution Provided To The Customer:
- Implemented a robust approach for deployments, rollbacks, and database replication for all the applications.
- Connectivity from AWS to on-premise was established using a site-to-site VPN.
- Palo Alto Firewall was deployed in high availability across Availability zones from AWS Marketplace for gateway firewall services.
- Route53 was used for the DNS configuration.
- All Software licenses required for SQL Server were brought into AWS under the BYOL agreement, reducing migration costs significantly.
- Servers were set up in MultiAZ High Availability/Cluster structure.
- Microsoft Active Directory was hosted in a shared account of AWS and will be synced with On-Prem AD.
- AWS LCM was used for backup (AMI) with the RTO and RPO requirements of the customer.
- The Rapyder team has suggested recommendations based on Well-Architected Review, which will be remediated soon, along with Mediassist.
AWS Services Used:
EC2, ALB, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Guard Duty, Config, EFS, FSX, Data Sync, KMS, Cloud Endure, Systems Manager
Palo alto firewall
- The entire migration was completed within 2 months with near-zero downtime.
- With the migration to AWS, the infrastructure spends reduced overall, moving from Capex to Opex with savings of around 20%.
- There was a significant improvement in the performance of the applications.
- The operating model of AWS helped to manage the infrastructure better.