About The Client
Medi Assist is India’s largest Third-Party Administrator (TPA) and the preferred Health and Wellness Partner for India’s most discerning corporates across the country. Medi Assist offers health benefits administration services including cashless claims management, reimbursements, pharmacy benefits, planned hospitalization and also a host of outpatient services to corporates and individuals under the brand name of MediBuddy. MediBuddy is an award-winning technology platform that transforms the health insurance industry at the very core.
Customer Business Needs:
Medi Assist was running their TPA production workloads on on-premise consisting of a combination of Linux and Windows-based environments.
Mediassist customer base is increasing at a rapid pace and they were in need of a public cloud platform that could scale according to the user traffic without any manual intervention or dealys in infrastructure procurement.
Rapyder worked with Mediassist to assess their current application and infrastructure landscape and a detailed plan was created for the migration of their applications to AWS with respect to cost, security and scalability.
As part of this, around 25 applications running across 70+ servers were migrated in a lift and shift fashion to AWS. Also, high traffic facing applications were deployed across availability zones with autoscaling to ensure high availability.
Solution Provided To The Customer:
- Implemented a robust approach for deployments, roll backs and database replication for all the applications.
- Connectivity from AWS to on premise was established using a site to site VPN.
- Palo Alto Firewall was deployed in high availability across Availability zones from AWS Marketplace for gateway firewall services.
- Route53 was used for the DNS configuration.
- All Software licenses required for SQL Server were brought into AWS under the BYOL agreement, hence reducing cost of migration significantly.
- Servers were setup in MultiAZ High Availability/Cluster structure.
- Microsoft Active Directory was hosted in a shared account of AWS and will be synced with On-Prem AD.
- AWS LCM was used for backup (AMI) with the RTO and RPO requirements of the customer.
- Rapyder team has suggested recommendations based on Well Architected Review which will be remediated soon along with Mediassist.
AWS Services Used:
EC2, ALB, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Guard Duty, Config, EFS, FSX, Data Sync, KMS, Cloud Endure, Systems Manager
Palo alto firewall
- Entire migration was completed within 2 months with near zero downtime.
- With the migration to AWS, the infrastructure spend reduced overall moving from Capex to Opex with savings around 20%.
- There was significant improvement in the performance of the applications.
- Operating model of AWS helped to manage the infrastructure better.