About The Client
Oxigen Services India Pvt. Ltd., powered by 14 years of service excellence in the digital business of micro payments of services and remittances in a ‘real time’ environment, is India’s largest payments solutions provider.
Oxigen focuses on growing its footprint and serving the last mile by providing Aadhaar enabled branchless banking services, cashless micropayments services, and remittances. Its business involves service aggregation and distribution, utilizing mobile, PoS, and web for online payment processing and money transfer services. It is built to service the nation’s Telecom/DTH Operators, multiple Services Providers, and Banks, pan India.
Today, Oxigen boasts of a 150-million customer base and a retail footprint of over 2,00,000 outlets. Till date, Oxigen has processed over 6 billion transactions, with an existing volume of 600 million transactions per annum. Oxigen services are device agnostic and available through a point of sale device “MicroATM”, website and mobile App.
Customer Business Needs:
Oxigen was running their three mainstream business applications in on-premise setup in a
hybrid model of physical and virtual machines.
The infrastructure hardware was nearing its end of life. The fact that they had both B2B and B2C applications, they were looking for a public cloud platform which can support the growth based on the user base that might potentially get added in the near future.
Rapyder worked with Oxigen to do a complete assessment of their on prem deployment.
As part of the assessment conducted, the following points were deduced:
- Total Cost of Ownership by moving to AWS
- Migration strategy
- Migration plan and wave planning
As part of the migration, 90+ servers across 10 applications were moved to AWS.
A detailed operating model was setup with monitoring and backup needs.
Solution Provided To The Customer:
- Landing Zone was implemented with multi account setup using AWS Cloudformation.
- AWS Dedicated hosts were used for provisioning of EC2 instances.
- Direct Connect and site to site VPN was implemented from AWS to connect to the partner banks for the applications.
- AWS VM Import/Export was used to move custom VM files to AWS for OEMS,B2B,B2C and PCI application.
- Route53 is used for the DNS configuration.
- All Software licenses, including Microsoft Windows and SQL Server, were under BYOL agreement, which is used as per the application’s need on the instances in Dedicated hosts. This helped in bringing the cost further down.
- Lift and Shift migration was planned where without affecting existing deployment architecture, servers migrated to AWS.
- PCI security controls are implemented for the PCI compliant application section.
- AWS security services i.e.AWS Inspector, AWS Config & AWS GuardDuty setup was done at account level.
- AWS WAF was implemented with standard OWASP rules along with rate-limiting automation.
- Post the migration, the usage statistics were observed and Reserved instances were recommended and implemented as part of the optimization.
To know more about the solution we offered, contact us
AWS Services Used:
EC2, NLB, ALB, S3, CloudWatch, CloudWatch Logs, CloudTrail, GuardDuty, Config, WAF, Direct Connect, Site-2-Site VPN, Route53, CloudFormation, Inspector
- The entire migration of Applications and Databases was completed with very minimal downtime and negligible impact on the business.
- Secure access to developers to the private servers using OpenVPN Client.
- The entire solution that was stitched and implemented met the criteria of security best practices.
- The migration to AWS brought about superior performance of all the applications, to the tune of 8% overall benefit.