About The Client
Incepted in April 2016, Nearby Technologies is a fintech company offering financial/non-financial services to the underbanked and unbanked segments. Nearby Technologies works on a B2B2C model through its various brands – PayNearby, Insure Nearby, BuyNearby, and others. PayNearby empowers retailers to offer digital services to local communities at the first mile, thereby boosting financial inclusion in India. Retailer services focus on Aadhaar-based banking services, Domestic Remittances, Bill Payments, Card Payments, and insurance services.
PayNearBy, hereafter referred to as “Customer.”
Customer Business Need:
The Customer did the contingency planning for their business along with various operations required for their business & came up with multiple action items internally.
One of the action items was to build VDI solutions for their internal users to work on their projects in case of any significant issues.
Below were the requirements from the Customer:
- A highly secure and reliable solution that would keep their data safe & secure from any theft or loss.
- Secure connectivity & access to applications/data deployed in the Customer’s data center.
- User authentication uses their centralized identity management system at the Customer’s data center to track & manage access smoothly.
- The solution should also serve as a contingency plan for their business continuity in case their premises are not accessible due to some unavoidable reasons.
Our AWS Certified Solutions Architects conducted detailed workshop sessions with the Customer to understand their existing setup, challenges, and requirements. In the discovery, we also captured remote users’ licensing and software requirements.
Following the solution, the approach was proposed and implemented with best practices and business continuity principles and then migrated their production workload to AWS.
- AWS Workspaces was proposed as it is a highly reliable managed service with minimal operational overhead.
- A separate network with a combination of VPC/Subnets was created as per the best practices.
- All the workspaces were launched in private subnets & endpoints accessible through the Internet.
- AWS & Customer Data Centre was connected using AWS site-to-site VPN tunnel for establishing connectivity required between AWS Workspaces & On-Prem Data/applications.
- The workspaces were integrated with the ON-Prem Active directory for authentication with the AD connector.
- Workspaces were also hardened according to the requirement of the Customer.
- Office & Anti-Virus packages were provided by the Customer & included in the image to launch Workspaces.
- Installation packages for other agent-based software required were also included in the image.
- All traffic from the Internet has been routed through the site-to-site VPN tunnel to access the Internet and applications.
- Restricted policies were applied to prevent any data movement between AWS Workspaces & User-machine.
- Both web-based and client-based applications were configured as part of this setup.
- AWS CloudTrail will be configured for tracking the API Calls.
- AWS CloudWatch was configured for monitoring various matrices of the setup.
AWS Workspaces, Directory Service, NAT Gateway, VPN, Config, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM
- AWS workspaces solved customers’ need to have business continuity in place for all the users.
- With this solution, we were able to provide a secure and reliable remote workplace option for the user set separate from the existing setup.
- AWS VPN connectivity between AWS & On-Prem data center helped AWS workspaces communicate with applications & data residing on-prem with low latency.
- Data copy restrictions were applied from AWS Workspaces to users’ machines to safeguard data from theft & loss.
- Connectivity to On-Prem AD enabled the Customer to have common & standard identity management for their users in AWS Workspaces.
- Conducted infra audit after the post-implementation support period to optimize the size of the AWS Infra as per the actual usage.
- Data Backup / Restore drill was also performed to ensure the automated backups are working & data is restored correctly.
Rapyder is an agile, innovative company that makes Cloud work for you. With a young, passionate team and expertise in Cloud Computing Solutions, Big Data, Marketing & Commerce, DevOps, and Managed Services, Rapyder is the leading provider of Strategic Cloud Consulting. Solutions provided by Rapyder are seamless, secure, and scalable.
With headquarters in Bangalore and sales & support offices in Delhi and Mumbai, we ensure optimal technology solutions to reduce costs, streamline business processes, and gain business advantages for our customers.