About The Client
SnapBizz CloudTech (popularly known as SnapBizz) focuses on developing cloud-based solutions for the FMCG ecosystem (brands, retailer, consumer, and distributor) in large/medium “Kirana” stores. The company offers retailers and brands a disruptive cloud solution that enables their customers to find and order products and services online.
The solution provides smart store management and contextual visibility to retailers to improve profitability. It also connects stores with its consumers, facilitating the last mile connect.
The solution comprises a tablet, barcode scanner, thermal printer, and an intelligent external 22” consumer-facing LED display for visual consumer engagement.
The Business Need
According to Nielsen, India has more than 6.65 million Kirana stores, contributing to nearly 90% of its total trade. The global pandemic has reinforced the importance of local Kirana stores and changed how these Kirana stores function.
With the surge in demand, various demand and supply-related challenges have emerged. Social distancing and hygiene norms have made e-payment the new normal. Research suggests that the customers these stores won during pandemic can only be retained if they offer services such as home-delivery, credit, hyper-local apps, and hyper-local merchandising.
SnapBizz has been working to organize and digitize these Kirana stores to improve their profitability. However, the need to digitize everything from stocks to payment has led to an unexpected surge in traffic, affecting the solution’s performance.
The client wanted a solution that would address the following needs:
- Focus on business innovation
- Automate scaling of the application to handle traffic
- Lower their infrastructure cost
- Improve application performance
The Cloud Consultants at Rapyder designed a scalable architecture on AWS to address over-provisioning of resources. The solution had the following features:
- Considered AWS Mumbai to host applications, since the user base is India
- Hosted all servers behind the load balancer in private subnets across different availability zones (AZ) to reduce latency
- Terminated all incoming traffic on the application load balancer, and routed them to appropriate servers in the backend to ensure a single-entry point and avoid internet exposure
- Deployed app servers in autoscaling groups for scalability and high availability
- Applied AWS Certificate Manager on load balancers to securely manage SSL certificates
- Used load balancers to offload SSL certificates and send traffic to the appropriate instance
- Used RDS MySQL in multi-AZ to ensure high availability of the global database
- Used MS SQL standard on EC2 for reporting purposes
- Migrated from Azure CosmosDB to Amazon DynamoDBe
- Used AWS Data Pipeline to replicate data from DynamoDB to SQL Server
- Used AWS ElastiCache for Redis caching
To know more about the solution we offered, contact us
Best-in-industry POS solution for FMCG brands and retailers, POS machine, billing machine, and retail billing machine
- Over-provisioning of resources
- Non-scalable architecture
- Scalable and highly available architecture
- Used serverless NoSQL DB DynamoDB
- Reduced operational overhead with managed service
- 20% cost reduction
- Improved application performance
- Reduced latency
- High availability on AWS with auto-scaling
Rapyder is an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner offering end-to-end cloud solutions across industry verticals, and 24×7 support and monitoring of our services with DevOps and well-architected review.
Rapyder is focused on agility, precision, innovation, and quick turnaround. All our cloud engineers are AWS-certiﬁed, who works seamlessly to make cloud a business beneﬁt for you.
In our journey of being a premium cloud service provider, we have successfully gained 150+ satisﬁed customers, 200+ cloud deployments & 50+ Managed Services clients across working sectors, leveraging every latest technology and tool of AWS.