29 November 2019
About The Client
The Client is a specialist in industrial manufacturing sector providing customized logistics and supply chain solutions to their clients. They are well versed in conceptualizing complex supply chain systems to operate just-in-time supply model with defined security controls in place for their clients.
The Customer reached out to Rapyder to solve their Infrastructure challenges inhibiting their future growth plans and to enable them in implementing a faster go-to-market strategy. The Customer, at the time, was in a business expansion phase, hence wanted to redress their frequently faced low performance and down-time challenges, only a few amongst others enumerated below –
- High-latency and unreliable network issues.
- No SLAs in place.
- Poor performance of database(s).
- Low availability of application(s) hosted on 3rd party hosting provider.
- Needed a scalable infrastructure that could scale with demand and provide the speed and reliability to underpin their time-critical application hosted on 3rd party shared hosting provider.
Rapyder assessed customer’s application hosting landscape and successfully migrated their applications to cloud, post which the customer asked Rapyder to take ownership to manage their cloud infrastructure and overcome the challenges faced in their day-to-day cloud infrastructure management operation.
Rapyder’s team of Cloud Managed Service Professionals helped Customer to put a cloud governance strategy in place which included –
- Adoption of the AWS recommended Well-Architected framework
- Management of AWS hosted infrastructure including hosting servers, applications, storage, networking and security
- Cloud Security recommendations
- Cost Optimization including waste identification and implementing remedial measures
- Standard Operational Monitoring metrics and alerts
- Disaster and Data recovery preparation
- Automation and DevSecOps
- Patching and Upgrades
- 24×7 Cloud operation support
- Root cause analysis reports and remediation plans
- Rapyder helped Customer achieve 99% application availability on Cloud leading to high SLA target achievement in their day-to-day operations.
- Customer is now able to deploy their applications at a faster rate on Cloud while concentrating more on application features than worry about operations
- Customer’s whole organization now puts their trust on Rapyder’s Cloud-first Management strategy during their new application and service deployment on Cloud along with 24×7 Cloud support