29 November 2019
About The Client
The Client is a specialist in the industrial manufacturing sector providing customized logistics and supply chain solutions to their clients. They are well-versed in conceptualizing complex supply chain systems to operate just-in-time supply models with defined security controls for their clients.
The Customer reached out to Rapyder to solve the infrastructure challenges inhibiting their future growth plans and to enable them to implement a faster go-to-market strategy. The Customer, at the time, was in a business expansion phase, hence wanted to redress their frequently faced low performance and downtime challenges, only a few amongst others enumerated below –
- High latency and unreliable network issues.
- No SLAs in place.
- Poor performance of database(s).
- Low availability of application(s) hosted on 3rd party hosting provider.
- Needed a scalable infrastructure that could scale with demand and provide the speed and reliability to underpin their time-critical application hosted on 3rd party shared hosting provider.
Rapyder assessed Customer’s application hosting landscape and successfully migrated their applications to the cloud, after which the Customer asked Rapyder to manage their cloud infrastructure and overcome the challenges faced in their day-to-day cloud infrastructure management operation.
Rapyder’s team of Cloud Managed Service Professionals helped Customer to put a cloud governance strategy in place, which included –
- Adoption of the AWS-recommended Well-Architected framework.
- Management of AWS-hosted infrastructure, including hosting servers, applications, storage, networking, and security.
- Cloud Security recommendations.
- Cost Optimization, including waste identification and implementing remedial measures.
- Standard Operational Monitoring metrics and alerts.
- Disaster and Data recovery preparation.
- Automation and DevSecOps.
- Patching and Upgrades.
- 24×7 Cloud operation support.
- Root cause analysis reports and remediation plans.
- Rapyder helped Customer achieve 99% cloud application availability, leading to high SLA target achievement in their day-to-day operations.
- Customer can now deploy their applications faster on Cloud while concentrating more on application features than worrying about operations.
- Customer’s whole organization now trusts Rapyder’s Cloud-first Management strategy during their new application and service deployment on Cloud, along with 24×7 Cloud support.