29 November 2019
About The Client
Neogrowth is a pioneer in lending based on the underwriting of digital payment data. It is a NBFC registered with RBI organization and started commercial operations in 2013. The company’s proprietary technology platform offers unsecured loans to merchants who accept customers’ cards and other digital payments. By far, Neogrowth has partnered with 13000+ business merchants to help them grow their businesses. Their mission is to have a positive social impact on the financial lives of small & medium business merchants across India. More than 50% of these merchants are creditworthy but have been excluded from accessing loans based on traditional underwriting methods.
The Business Need
As an organization that provides loans to SMEs, maintaining a proper customer relation and interaction base is a huge requirement. Hence, the client was developing an internal CRM application for which they performed manual deployments in their environment. This made the development process highly prone to human error, reduced efficiency, and affected the code quality.
Developers at Neogrowth were logging into the production servers, which was a major security risk for the organization.
With these pain points:
- Overall development time increased with backlogs of non-critical errors.
- The process did not allow optimal utilization of resources.
- Coding process was prone to human error, and rectifying changes was causing unintended consequences.
- The client was using GitHub as their version control system for which AWS Code Pipelines were implemented for each environment that would get triggered whenever any commit was made to the corresponding branch of the GitHub repository.
- As soon as the code was committed, Code Pipeline would get triggered, pulling the code from the repository and triggering the Jenkins build.
- Jenkins was used to validate the config variables. Hence, in any scenario of any variable missing, the entire build would fail.
- For any deployment failures, Code Deploy Rollbacks were implemented to deploy the previously stable running version of the application.
- Upon successful build, AWS Code Deploy would get triggered and Deploy the artifacts to the target servers.
Cloud experts at Rapyder provided the whole solution in just two weeks, in which the right solution and configuration that could support the seamless functioning of the application were designed to achieve the desired results.
Benefits that Neogrowth witnessed were:
- With a fully automated CI/CD solution, any scope of human-prone errors was removed, which increased the development cycle.
- With automation in the development cycle, the time to market this CRM application was reduced to 40%.
- The client witnessed an ROI of 30%.
- As the development lifecycle was automated, developers now spend more time on development than operations.