About The Client
Easypolicy.com has been created with a vision to provide transparent and top-notch services through technology to simplify, advise, inform, educate and to make insurance more accessible and available across India. The company is an insurance comparison website holding a web aggregation license given by IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India).
The Business Need
Being one of the fastest growing Insurance aggregators, the Customer was expecting an increased amount of traffic on the application and the current deployment on-premise was not conducive to handling high loads for small amount of time. The Customer wanted to be cloud ready with scaling capability to use it at appropriate time. To prevent any unforeseen disruption in business, Easypolicy.com was also looking for near DR option on AWS.
To address some of these challenges. Rapyder proposed the below Architecture keeping in mind the Best Practices and Business Continuity.
- All the servers have been launched in private subnet so that the servers are not exposed to public directly.
- High availability has been factored in and servers have been launched in HA mode across availability zones.
- Bot Application is setup on different servers to be used along with the Application layer.
- SQL Server is setup in HA mode across availability zones using Mirroring.
- SQL Server Standard 2016 is used as the database layer.
- Replication for the Database has also been configured using Log Shipping technique to On-Premise for local Reporting and analytics over a secured AWS Managed VPN.
- Native Backups with Full, Differential and Transactional Log backups are enabled with AWS Backups such as AMI; Snapshots are also being taken on a daily basis.
- Failover of the DB has also been tested by leveraging Route53 private hosted zonewith Lambda which is configured to update the DNS in case of failover.
- AWS Config has also been enabled to monitor and record resource configurations
- Failover of the DB has also been tested by leveraging Route53 private hosted zone with Lambda which is configured to update the DNS in case of failover.
EC2, S3, Cloudwatch, Config, VPC, Lambda, Cloudtrail, ystems Manager
Third Party Services
Microsft SQL Standard 2016 Version: 13.0.5337.0,Glasswire Version 2.1.58
- Today, the migrated workloads are running successfully on AWS without any downtimes.
- After the successful implementation of the solution, the client has achieved 99% application availability on Cloud.
- Applications response time has improved.