[AWS Financial Case Study] Rapyder helpes a leading stock trading platform establish infrastructure on AWS Cloud and reduce IT costs by 50 % and deployment time from 3 days to just 20 minutes.
About The Company
The Company is a proprietary trading group, specializing in quantitative trading and investment strategies. It was set up in 2009, and has grown rapidly to become the largest proprietary trading house in India having offices in Delhi and Bangalore. With its well-researched strategies, risk management tools and an efficient trade execution infrastructure, the company is a cut above the rest in the current marketplace. With an exceptionally talented pool of employees who are continuously looking to challenge their limits, it is poised to become a global player in algorithmic trading. The Company is a member of all the major stock exchanges of India like National Stock Exchange (NSE), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), MCXSx.
The client was contemplating on whether to use AWS Cloud for their developer instances and build machines for running their EDA toolset development software.
The requirement was to have a seamless desktop experience on the machines so that it simulates the desktop environment.
Rapyder had a detailed discussion with the customer and carried out the POC for the same. The outputs of the POC were the following:
- Ubuntu EC2 server was provisioned and all the requirements were carried out.
- VNC was setup initially for user testing
- Nomachine evaluation edition was installed and given for signoff from the customer.
Rapyder has deployed the following infrastructure and architecture to help the client achieve its goals.
- Six EC2 servers with desktop EDA tools for the individual developers.
- Two Build servers setup for the team for a high workload.
- Setup and installation of NoMachine on the individual machines and build servers.
- Site to site VPN connection from Noida office to AWS
- Setup of OpenVPN server to have developers connect from other places apart from Client’s office
– The automation reduced the time required for environment creation and deployment from 3 days to 20 minutes.
– The cost of the AWS infrastructure of the client was reduced by 50%.
– The client was able to deploy many environments on the same day.
– The accelerated deployment of environments and optimized cost of the AWS infrastructure not only saved the time and money of the client but also reduced its Go-to-market time significantly. Thus, helping it to serve its customer in a better way.
Keep up to date with the latest Case Studies and Stories from Rapyder. Sign-up for our Monthly Newsletter here.