About The Client
Customer provides an e-learning platform using which, it wants to impart teaching through technology. Their vision is to equip students and teachers to achieve their goals through personalized content curation & AI.
The Client has an e-learning platform through which, it wants to impart teaching through technology. Their vision is to equip students and teachers to achieve their goals through personalized content curation & AI. The customer had deployed their application on AWS Cloud. The customer wanted a thorough audit to be done on their deployment on AWS for their learning application. The Customer was also looking for a transcoding requirement to integrate with their application so that different formats can be viewed on the platform depending on the choice of the user. The transcoding was being done manually until then.
Rapyder collaborated with the Customer to understand application and deployment architecture before the audit. As part of the audit, the following things were done:
- All the security best practices were scanned and reported to the customer on what could be changed.
- All the security groups were audited and appropriate changes were suggested and implemented.
- The AWS Code Deploy would pick the build from AWS S3 and deploy into the auto-scaling groups of the Test environment.
- Cloudwatch metrics that were missing as part of the monitoring were implemented and alarms and dashboards were created for the same for all the resources.
- The instance type changes were suggested depending on the utilization of the servers for 3 months.
- Lambda function was created to transcode the videos into the required formats and inform the application about the status.
- SNS was configured on the S3 bucket to trigger the lambda function.
- Unused instances were recommended to be terminated.
- The Customer was very happy with the recommendations of the audit and the implementation of the recommendations was done. They integrated the transcoding solution into the application which reduced the manual transcoding that was done before. It gave cost benefit and a secure infrastructure.
Learn how you can Transform and Accelerate your business with Amazon Web Services
Keep up to date with the latest Case Studies and Stories from Rapyder. Sign-up for our Monthly Newsletter here.