Cloud Computing is today’s force that helps business infrastructures grip tightly in today’s technological era. The attack of covid 19 in early 2020 has left many business architectures prone to instability and uncertainty. On the other side, it has also given a profound meaning to the existence of cloud computing. Many business leads approached Cloud Adoption as their savior, proving how much cloud computing adoption has become prominent in the marketplace in recent times. The business’s major concerns included; optimizing IT costs, support, and security and ensuring resiliency.
This blog covers some common questions customers ask before opting for cloud computing services. What are the benefits of the Cloud?
The most focused and known benefits of cloud computing involve:
- Cost Saving: If you are concerned about pricing structure before you take up any computing services, then you are not alone here; many organizations are concerned about the initial cost of implementing any cloud-based server. Cloud implementation minimizes the risk associated with cost as it follows the Pay-as-you-go This approach makes you only pay for the actual resources you utilize.
- Security: Security comes under a key focus; every business infrastructure wants a secure and safe data protection and assurance environment. Cloud security services ensure protection from various cyber-attacks and data thefts.
- Flexibility and Efficiency: Undoubtedly, the cloud brings flexibility and efficiency. Cloud-based services act as a remedy to all IT infrastructure, from auto-updates to multi-device access. Cloud promotes the overall efficiency and flexibility of your IT infrastructure.
- Collaboration: Cloud computing simplifies collaboration among team members. With a cloud-based platform, sharing information securely and effectively becomes easy. This also improves performance rate and speed.
- Disaster recovery: To witness business growth, it’s important to be disaster-ready. 20% of cloud users claim disaster recovery in 4 hours or less. Cloud promotes better disaster recovery, a savior for all business architectures.
- Loss prevention: Worried about data loss? Technology is witnessing increased cyber-attacks, ransomware attacks, online-identity thefts, hardware failures, and corrupt software. If you are not well prepared to handle this, your business architecture will likely lose confidentiality and customer trust. Moving your workload to the cloud provides assurance and backup with minimal downtime. It reduces the risk associated with data loss.
- Automated Updates: One more benefit of cloud adoption is; it automatically updates underlying software. Automatic updates are time-saving and manageable.
- Sustainability and Compliance: Cloud infrastructure supports environmental proactivity; it emphasizes virtual implementations rather than physical tools and hardware. According to Pike Research, Adopting cloud computing could lead to a 38 percent reduction in energy usage in the world’s data centers by 2020.
Most Prominent 5 questions asked by customers before Cloud Adoption
It becomes palpable to raise doubts whenever we step for a change, and it becomes imperative when it’s about business. Following do customers ask some most common questions before they migrate their workloads to the cloud platform:
1. How to choose the right cloud merchant?
The first step to cloud migration is; to know about your Cloud service partner or Cloud Service provider. Many cloud providers are in the market, but choosing the right one for your business is challenging. First, find out the requirements and needs of your business architecture from cloud-based applications and then ask about the technical ability, performance, and services of chosen cloud merchant.The overall cost of implementation means a lot to a business’s financial status. It’s quite evident that we check its overall cost before choosing any new services or cloud solutions. To know about pricing and cost structure from your Cloud service partner is a must.
2. What is the pricing structure?
The overall cost of implementation means a lot to a business’s financial status. It’s quite obvious that before choosing any new services or cloud solutions we check upon its overall cost. To know about pricing and cost structure from your Cloud service partner is a must.
3. What Security measures to consider?
Most firms are particularly concerned about data privacy and security. Cases of data breaching are not uncommon today. Many companies even follow rules and regulations to prevent data theft and vulnerabilities to customer-sensitive data. Ensure your proposed cloud platform follows such policies, compliances, and limitations.
4. What is the difference between private and public cloud?
Well, the companies usually ask, what to choose, public or private? But, for the one who does not know much about cloud platforms, it becomes important to know the difference between the private and public cloud.
a. Private Cloud: In a private cloud, all the resources are supported over a private network. This configures only authentic and authorized users. All the hardware and software are made available privately. It is suited for companies needing an environment with a high-performance rate, high security, and privacy due to its best adjustability and versatility.
b. Public Cloud: In the public cloud, all the resources are made available over the internet, which utilizes the public internet. This is the most common way of implementing cloud computing. The service provider presents all the resources like storage, applications, and VM over the internet; other networks can access that for public display. We recommend researching well before you migrate to a public cloud.
5. How does Cloud improve my business?
Here come the benefits. If you are well aware of your business needs, then focus on what cloud implementation adds to the architecture. This should be configured on a priority basis, how the cloud improves the performance, speed, efficiency, and other parameters. Also, ensure it is keeping up with the trend being followed in the current marketplace.
Services provided by Cloud
Cloud offers services to tackle any obstruction that is lowering the performance of business architecture today, but some common and known services that cloud offers are:
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a service delivers computer infrastructure on an outsource basis to support various operations and functionality. This service is also known as Hardware as a service.
- PaaS: Platform as a service provides an environment or platform that encourages developers to construct applications over the internet.
- SaaS: Software as a service is an approach that delivers services and solutions over the internet. This service removes the need to install the application on our desktop and carry it out virtually.
- DRaaS: Disaster recovery as a service ensures data backup and security through a third-party cloud computing platform, preventing unauthorized access and cyberattacks and making the system disaster-ready.
- DaaS: Desktop as a Service lets you access your data anywhere with a third-party host, the back end of a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployment. This makes everything available on your desktop virtual on the server of your cloud provider.
What Rapyder can bring to your desk?
Rapyder Cloud Solution is an advanced consulting partner of AWS that can make your Cloud journey a success.
Rapyder can help you clarify all your queries and doubts regarding cloud shift. With A deep understanding of business architecture, 24X7 support, and guidance, Rapyder tackles and simplifies your working modal by providing best-in-class AWS Cloud services and solutions.
This blog is about doubts a customer has while choosing cloud migration. We discussed some important questions that will help you make a wise decision for your business architecture along with cloud computing benefits and mostly used cloud services.
We hope you found some helpful information while reading this blog. Kindly share this with your social network and help them know more about this subject.