Cloud Computing is the force today, that helps business infrastructures to grip tightly in today’s technological era. The attack of covid 19 in early 2020 has left many businesses architectures prone to instability and uncertainty, but on the other side, it has also given a profound meaning to the existence of cloud computing. Many business leads approached Cloud Adoption for their savior that itself is proof of how much cloud computing adoption has become prominent in the marketplace in recent times. The business’s major concerns included; optimize IT costs, support, and security, and ensuring resiliency.
This blog covers some common questions that customers usually ask before they make up their minds to opt for cloud computing services.What are the benefits of the Cloud?
The most focused and known benefits of cloud computing involve:
- Cost Saving: If you are concerned about pricing structure before you take up any computing services then you are not alone here, many organizations are concerned about the initial cost of implementing any cloud-based server. Cloud implementation actually minimizes the risk associated with cost as it follows the Pay-as-you-go This approach makes you only pay for the actual resources you utilize.
- Security: Security comes under a key focus; every business infrastructure wants a secure and safe environment when it comes to data protection and assurance. Cloud security services ensure protection from various cyber-attacks and data thefts.
- Flexibility and Efficiency: There is no doubt that the cloud brings flexibility and efficiency. Cloud-based services act as a remedy to all IT infrastructure, from auto-updates to multi-device access. Cloud promotes the overall efficiency and flexibility of your IT infrastructure.
- Collaboration: Cloud computing simplifies collaboration among team members. With a cloud-based platform, it becomes easy to share information securely and effectively. This also improves performance rate and speed.
- Disaster recovery: To witness business growth, it’s important to be disaster-ready. 20% of cloud users claim disaster recovery in 4 hours or less. Cloud promotes better disaster recovery and this has been a savior for all business architectures.
- Loss prevention: Worried about data loss? Technology is in a phase of witnessing increased cyber-attacks, ransomware attacks, online-identity thefts, hardware failures, and software getting corrupt. If you are not well prepared to handle this then your business architecture is more likely to lose confidentiality and customer trust. Moving your workload to the cloud provides assurance and backup with minimal downtime. It reduces the risk associated with data loss.
- Automated Updates: One more benefit of cloud adoption is; it automatically updates underlying software. Automatic updates are time-saving and manageable.
- Sustainability and Compliance: Cloud infrastructure supports environmental proactivity; it emphasizes virtual implementations rather than physical tools and hardware. According to Pike Research, The adoption of cloud computing could lead to a 38 percent reduction in energy usage in the world’s data centers by 2020.
Most Prominent 5 questions asked by customers before Cloud adoption
It becomes palpable to raise doubts whenever we step for a change, and when it’s about business then it becomes extremely important. Following are some most common questions asked by customers before they migrate their workloads to the cloud platform;
1. How to choose the right cloud merchant?
The first step to cloud migration is; to know about your Cloud service partner or Cloud Service provider. There are many cloud providers present in the market, but choosing the right one for your business is a difficult task. First, find out the requirements and needs of your business architecture from cloud-based applications and then ask about the technical ability, performance, and services of chosen cloud merchant.
2. What is the pricing structure?
The overall cost of implementation means a lot to a business’s financial status. It’s quite obvious that before choosing any new services or cloud solutions we check upon its overall cost. To know about pricing and cost structure from your Cloud service partner is a must.
3. What Security measures to consider?
Most firms are particularly concerned about data privacy and security. Cases of data breaching are not uncommon today. Many companies even follow rules and regulations to prevent data theft and vulnerabilities to customer-sensitive data. Make sure your proposed cloud platform follows such policies, compliances, and limitations.
4. What is the difference between private and public cloud?
Well, the companies usually ask; what to choose public or private? but, for the one who does not know much about cloud platforms, it becomes important to know about the difference between the private and public cloud.
a. Private Cloud: In a private cloud, all the resources are supported over a private network. This configures only authentic and authorized users. All the hardware and software are made available privately. It is suited for companies that need an environment that has a high-performance rate, high security, and privacy due to its best adjustability and versatility.
b. Public Cloud: In the public cloud all the resources are made available over the internet which utilizes the public internet. This is the most common way of implementing cloud computing. The service provider presents all the resources like storage, applications, VM over the internet and that can be accessed by other networks for public display. We recommend researching well before you migrate to a public cloud.
5. How does Cloud improve my business?
Here, come the benefits. If you are well aware of your business needs then also focus on what cloud implementation adds to the architecture. This should be configured on a priority basis, how cloud improves the performance, speed, efficiency, and other parameters. Also, make sure it is keeping up with the trend that is being followed in the current marketplace.
Services provided by Cloud
Cloud offers services to tackle any obstruction that is lowering the performance of business architecture today, but some common and known services that cloud offers are;
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a service delivers computer infrastructure on an outsource basis to support various operations and functionality. This service is also known as Hardware as a service.
- PaaS: Platform as a service provides an environment or platform that promotes developers to construct applications over the internet.
- SaaS: Software as a service is an approach that delivers services and solutions over the internet. This service removes the need to install the application on our desktop and carry it out virtually.
- DRaaS: Disaster recovery as a service ensures data backup and data security through a third-party cloud computing platform preventing unauthorized access and cyberattacks, along with making the system disaster-ready.
- DaaS: Desktop as a Service enables you to access your data anywhere at any time with a third-party host; the back end of a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployment. This simply makes everything available on your desktop virtual on the server of your cloud provider.
What Rapyder can bring to your desk?
Rapyder cloud Solution is an advanced consulting partner of AWS, that can make your Cloud journey a success.
Rapyder can help you clarify all your queries and doubts regarding cloud shift. With A deep understanding of business architecture, 24X7 support, and guidance Rapyder makes sure to tackle and simplify your working modal by provisioning best-in-class AWS Cloud services and solutions.
This blog is about doubts a customer has while choosing cloud migration. We tried to enclose some important questions that will help you make a wise decision for your business architecture along with cloud computing benefits and mostly used cloud services.
We hope you found some helpful information while reading this blog. Kindly share this with your social network and help them know more about this subject.