Sectors like Fintech, EdTech, GameTech, HealthTech and various others are already thriving with services and platforms introduced by Cloud. The use of the Cloud is an ongoing trend, but recently the rise in the use of MultiCloud infrastructure has also come into the limelight and significance. This blog covers all the important aspects in which Multi-Cloud Architecture is functioning and being used by various organizations.
The topics covered in the blog are;
- What is the meaning of MultiCloud?
- Purpose of MultiCloud infrastructure
- Difference between the single Cloud and MultiCloud
- Why is MultiCloud infrastructure gaining more popularity among enterprises?
- Pros and cons of MultiCloud infrastructure
- Rapyder and MultiCloud
What is the meaning of MultiCloud?
The Multi-Cloud approach originated from the use of a single cloud itself. MultiCloud is nothing but a kind of cloud computing where an organization utilizes more than one Cloud platform; this combination can involve one or more private Clouds, public Clouds, or edge Clouds. This result helps easily distribute services and resources and even accelerates Cloud computing adoption.
Purpose of MultiCloud infrastructure
Multi-cloud vendors have made many things easy by leveraging a wide variety of cloud platform combinations for organizations that fulfils some of the following purposes;
- Efficient delivery of new apps and increased production.
- Reduced dependency on any particular Cloud Service Provider.
- Even distribution of IT resources.
- Support and availability due to the presence of more than one cloud platform.
Difference between the single Cloud and MultiCloud
The single Cloud and MultiCloud concepts are differentiated by the number of cloud platforms utilized within an organization. Businesses in single cloud platform usage count on one cloud service provider for all the cloud resources and requirements. In contrast, in the MultiCloud approach, there is flexibility to choose different cloud services from different cloud vendors.
Cloud work for any firm surely supports many benefits, but today’s modern enterprises are more inclined to build multi-cloud architecture.
With the single cloud platform, organizations could manage infrastructure easily but also face the vulnerability of Vendor lock-in and inflexibility; on the other hand, MultiCloud management can be a little complex, but it helps with so many other benefits that are covered later in this blog.
Why is MultiCloud infrastructure gaining more popularity among enterprises?
There is no doubt that the Cloud has been a revolution for the traditional working model of businesses. Now, if we look at the advantages of a single cloud, it is doing wonders for any organization. From security issues to performance, everything is well battled by Cloud technology.
The MultiCloud strategy simply works like this;
Advantages provided by one cloud platform get multiplied by the number of clouds utilized by any organization.
This is simple to understand why MultiCloud infrastructure is gaining more popularity among enterprises. To experience more reliability, high performance, and flexibility, enterprises will likely adopt the MultiCloud approach. Following are the pros and cons of establishing multi-cloud architecture would draw a clearer picture.
Pros and cons of MultiCloud infrastructure
Some major advantages of MultiCloud infrastructure are as follows;
- Faster innovation: Choosing a MultiCloud strategy allows picking the most innovative cloud providers present in the field to bring the latest updates happening in the Cloud market.
- Boosts overall performance: Having multiple clouds working for your infrastructure helps achieve maximum performance by enhancing local-user experience and hassle-free resource management.
- No risk of Vendor bound: Looking for Multi-Cloud solutions also prevents dependency on any specific Cloud service provider and increases the chances of looking for a better price, performance, service delivery, and backup by changing cloud vendors.
- Cost cut: Choosing cloud vendors gives the clear opportunity to reduce cloud expenses by comparing and deploying cloud services from distinct cloud providers and helps build infrastructure within the budget.
- Ensure IT compliance: MultiCloud infrastructure also enables organizations to get various benefits. Many countries have strict IT rules, such as no private data can be stored abroad. Opting for different cloud vendors in different regions can curb this problem.
- Enhanced business reliability: If any organization has facilitated the MultiCloud platform, then there exists more availability, data backup resources, and disaster recovery strategy for sure, which automatically results in overall enhanced business reliability.
Some major disadvantages of MultiCloud infrastructure are as follows;
- Complex management: There is a possibility that having MultiCloud platforms working for any organization can create management issues and lead to complexities. However, this can be prevented if taken care of.
- More technical support: Deploying more than one cloud platform can engage more technical support and training.
- Security concerns: Where there are various advantages of having the MultiCloud platform deployed, security vulnerabilities and associated risks exist since your organization, and different cloud vendors are sharing the critical data.
- Cost concerns: Since more cloud resources are being utilized on the different cloud platforms, keeping a check on cost spending becomes necessary to ensure the wastage of resources.
- Erratic performance: Association with cloud vendors having low computing power or more server load can affect the performance of product delivery and support performance.
Rapyder and MultiCloud
Rapyder, a Cloud Consulting firm comprising a team of Cloud enthusiasts, offers an integrated portfolio of multi-cloud services and interoperable technologies focused on helping organizations optimize their business results by leveraging the benefits of multiple cloud platforms.
Rapyder is partnered with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, giving businesses the liberty to enjoy Multi-Cloud services at a very convincing deal and offerings. Executives at Rapyder are always available to clarify any kind of apprehensions before you opt for Multicloud, try and test it yourself.
With the right approach and logical strategy, Rapyder focuses on improving your business infrastructure in terms of better security, high performance, 24×7 availability, technical support, and assistance.
Rapyder’s area of expertise involves the following;
- Managed Amazon Cloud Services
- Cloud Migration
- Well-Architected Framework
- Serverless Computing
- End-User Computing
- Database, App Modernization
- Cloud Security
Rapyder helps you take a detailed walkthrough of your infrastructure to understand the business requirements and then aids with the preferred cloud platform such as private, public, hybrid, single, or multi-cloud adoption and services.
This article encapsulates subjects that relate to the Multi-Cloud approach. We tried to cover all the points, such as why and how the Multi-Cloud platform is gaining more popularity and the pros and cons of the same. This article might explore areas where you can use the Multi-Cloud platform more efficiently.
We believe this article would have enriched your knowledge about this subject; kindly share this among your social circle to help people know more about this topic.