Mobile cloud computing (MCC) is the combination of Cloud Computing and Mobile Computing to bring rich computational resources to mobile users. Any person can access their stored data in the cloud with an Internet connection. The speed of your Net speed connection matters a lot and MCC has proved to be beneficial to both mobile users and cloud-based service providers as well.
The term cloud computing is commonly used in web development. But it is not limited to web development. With the increasing use of smartphones, technology is evolving for both Android and IOS. Mobile cloud computing is one such addition to mobile application development. It has changed the existing world of mobile phones. Due to its increasing popularity, many companies are shifting towards cloud computing.
This booming technology integrates cloud computing applications with smartphones. This integration has proved to be one of the best technological advancements, both for cloud computing and mobile phones. Now your limited phone storage is not a problem anymore. With MCC, you can store your data in the cloud and access it anytime, anywhere.
What is Mobile Cloud Computing?
Mobile cloud computing is an advanced technology where applications for mobile phones are developed, operated, and handled using cloud computing technology. This new development has enabled app developers to create amazing applications without having to worry about the phone’s operating system or storage space. The processing and storage of data is done in the cloud and not on the device’s memory. It can also be said that MCC is an integrated technology that uses cloud computing for mobile app development.
MCC allows applications to browse in the cloud, unlike native applications that do not offer these benefits. Any person can access their stored data in the cloud with an Internet connection. With the advent of this technology, there is more reliability, improved performance, and adaptation to the latest technology
Types of Mobile Cloud Computing
Cloud computing can be referred to as outsourcing of computer programs. The programs are hosted by a third party. Anyone can access the data from anywhere in the world. There are three Types of mobile computing.
- PaaS: Platform as a service that allows users to run, develop, and manage the applications without having to worry about design, programming, storage capacity, etc.
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a Service that hosts various components based on an infrastructure. It consists of software, hardware, storage, server and many more. The components are used to maintain security and backup.
- SaaS: Software as a Service, which means that cloud computing itself has a set of software like an internet browser that acts as an important working tool.
Advantages of of Mobile cloud computing
Mobile cloud computing is a growing technology that has changed the world of mobile app development. One of the main reasons for its growing popularity is the key features of cloud computing. Let us dig deeper on the impact of MCC on app development in detail and understand why this technology is gaining popularity day by day.
- More storage: Without MCC, there was a constant concern about the limited storage space of mobile phones. But with cloud computing, this problem has been solved. Cloud-based applications have a larger storage capacity than other applications. The cloud’s server is based on an infrastructure that you can easily access through a mobile application.
- Latest technology : MCC is becoming increasingly popular thanks to the latest technologies such as CSS3, HTML5, Cloudlet, Hyper-visor Virtual Machines for mobile and many more. These trending technologies are great for mobile cloud computing.
- Trendsetter: With the increasing use of smartphones, people can access the applications round the clock. They can avail the services at their convenience. This means that there is an opportunity to increase productivity and offer better services to set new trends in the market
- Internet Connectivity: In today’s world, the speed of your Net speed connection matters a lot. With broadband connections, Wi-Fi, 4G and the likes, you can enjoy uninterrupted data connections.
Why Mobile cloud computing is the future of mobile app development?
Mobile cloud computing is the future of mobile app development. For both iOS and Android users, MCC will open new doors for developing unique and new apps for mobile devices. Here’s a few reasons why:
Creating a unique mobile application for your brand costs money. Choosing the right features for your budget is an important task. You may need to create different apps for iOS and Android. That’s why MCC is a cost-effective option. It eliminates the cost of continuous maintenance of the app and new businesses can easily develop an app at minimal cost.
- Increased battery life
The main function of a mobile device is to store data. When the main function is performed by the cloud, the phone automatically saves battery. Cloud computing extends your battery life by processing and storing data in the cloud.
- Synchronize data
With cloud computing, storing, and accessing data becomes easier. With faster data synchronization, users can easily store and manage data between their desktops and smartphones. It also solves the problem of limited Storage Space. The cloud acts as a backup without taking up space on your smartphones.
- Better processing
The speed at which a mobile device works and performs tasks is provided by a processor. In the case of mobile cloud computing, all the processing is done in the cloud itself. This means that there is no additional load on the mobile device, which automatically improves its speed and performance.
Mobile cloud computing is an advanced technology that has added several features to mobile applications. The use of smartphones has increased tremendously and hence it has become important to develop new and unique applications. Cloud computing also solves the problem of storage space. Developers can create applications without worrying about the type of operating system and storage capacity. There are some important reasons why this booming technology is the solution for better mobile application development. It has changed the way data is stored and managed.
With technology evolving every day, MCC is the future of mobile app development. It has the potential to change the dynamics of mobile app development. MCC can definitely adjust to the ever-evolving nature of technologies making it the most sought after choice in the coming days.