What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing encapsulates a wide variety of functionalities. However, the standard definition of cloud computing says; it caters to the demand for IT resources over the internet. Here, IT resources refer to the access of data storage (cloud storage), applications, network and other web utilities.
Enhancement in Cloud computing technology has accelerated cloud adoption; enterprises are brimming with this new addition in the IT infrastructure.
The rapid expansion of the cloud industry also triggered the growth in cloud careers along with the demand for Cloud engineers and cloud professionals.
This blog elicits all such possibilities and career options in the cloud market.
Cloud adoption and its services
The IT sector involves many challenges regarding management, internal functioning, data review, and process handling. As a result, the organisations are making a strategic move towards cloud acceptance to mitigate involved risk and achieve sustainability to deal with such vulnerabilities.
Cloud adoption can happen on any margin and range depending upon the necessity of the work environment, compliance assessment rate, and expected scalability. Furthermore, opting for the Cloud platform brings various services and offerings to the table to fulfil to the need of IT infrastructure, hence propels enterprises and SMB to join this trend.
* 94% of enterprises already use a cloud service. ~ Hosting Tribunal
Some of the most popular and practised services that you get are:
1. Receive a high ROI: Cloud computing helps to increase the ROI by decreasing costs, such as maintenance and operational costs. With Cloud computing, it is no longer required to purchase servers in-house, which reduces data centre costs that help foster your return on investment. So instead of buying massive servers, clients can enjoy provisioning servers for a low price based on the achievable economies.
2. Automate Everything: Cloud automation automates manual tasks, improves efficiency, and distributes the workload. This practice also reduces errors and helps to achieve data consistency with better deployment and task management.
3. Update and maintenance: Cloud computing usually provides a cloud service model known as Software as a Service (SaaS). One Of the benefits of this model is that it ensures the functioning and control of routine Software and security updates on behalf of the users. Thus, users need not worry about regular software maintenance and can focus on their core businesses.
4. Ensure Disaster Recovery Planning & Business Continuity: This can be handled under Disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS). DRaaS is a Cloud computing service modal that provides an organisation with backup services to store data in a third-party cloud environment and provide DR orchestrations within a SaaS solution that helps access data and recovery post-disaster.
How good is Cloud as a career option?
Cloud computing serves as a promising career. Since the digitization era is hiking, the need for a cloud market is followed up. Cloud has opened the doors for many potential individuals. The cloud foundation is getting more robust with each day emphasizing on the increase in the cloud industry and the demand for trained and certified cloud practitioners.
Cloud computing has also become a part of teaching and learning among young aspirants. It is introduced as a platform that supports innovation, sustainability and is on the verge of standing as an encouraging career.
* India is expected to see more than a million cloud computing job roles by 2022 as more organisations shift their operations to the cloud infrastructure, says a report by Great Learning.
Benefits of opting career on Cloud.
The reason behind why cloud career has become noticeable is the advantages that any young aspirant in IT sector could reap. let’s have a look at some the following points (or call it as E5) that contributes towards the personal and professional development of an individual:
- Extensive perspective.
- Enriched knowledge.
- Enough job profiles to opt for.
- Experience working with brimming technology.
- Exposure to various certifications and courses.
Different jobs associated with Cloud
Along with the growth in the cloud market, the above statistic also points towards the increase in the no. of fields an individual can consider a career.
Some of the roles within the field of cloud computing include:
- Infrastructure engineer
- Software developer
- cloud system analyst
- cloud consultant
- Systems architect
- Web Services Systems Engineer
- cloud tech writer
- Technical support
- cloud computing manager
- DevOps Engineers
- cloud system administrator
- cloud computing specialist
- SaaS (Software as a service) Developer
- Cloud Security Engineers
- Programmers (with knowledge in scripting languages such as Python and Hadoop and data management language SQL)
- Marketing and sales management
Languages and technologies required for Cloud.
The ultimate goal that everyone wants to achieve today is to be in the lead. And one of the ways to attain that is by polishing your skills and knowledge.
So, here’s the list of languages that must stay updated if a cloud career is under focus.
- Python: Python is often used to build websites and Software, automate tasks, and conduct data analysis
- Java: Java is a simple, efficient, general-purpose language used for internet-based applications.
- C++: C++ supports different ways of programming like procedural, object-oriented, functional, etc. It’s flexible and can be used to develop OS, browsers, games.
- Php: PHP (PHP: Hypertext Pre-processor) is a widely-used open-source scripting language used for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
- Golang: Go is used for cloud-based applications, server-side applications, DevOps, command-line tools, and many others.
- Net: Asp.net helpsdevelopers to create web applications, web services, and dynamic content-driven websites.
- Ruby: It’s a general-purpose language like python, can also be used for other functionalities like data analysis, prototyping, and proof of concepts.
- Node JS:js is a software development technology used for server-side programming and primarily deployed for non-blocking and event-driven servers.
- Elixir: Elixir is a dynamic, functional language that sustains scalable and maintainable applications.
- Scala: A general-purpose programming language that supports object-oriented and functional programming.
Best certifications under Cloud
Having skill, knowledge, and experience comes under mainstream demand but having a suitable certification, in addition, is as similar as having a cherry on the cake. As mentioned above, cloud computing delivers the benefits of various certifications that an IT professional can take on to fit in the employer’s priority list.
Following are some best certification courses in Cloud:
Microsoft Azure: Three most prominent certifications that Microsoft brings to your table are:
AWS: Amazon web services provide no. of the certifications that top the chart, such as:
- AWS certified SysOps administration
- AWS certifies solutions architect-associate
- AWS certified developer- associate.
Google: Certifications that Google provides comes as a big count, such as:
Please make the most out of it!
Future of Cloud Jobs
Ever heard about the proverb “present defines the future”?
Well, the present statistics of Cloud says:
- The global public cloud computing market is set to exceed $330 billion in 2020.
- About a third of companies’ IT budget goes to cloud services.
- Amazon Web Services is the leading cloud vendor with a 32% share.
- Experts say 60% of workloadsare running on a hosted cloud service in 2019, and before that, cloud-hosted 45% of workloads in 2018.
- Cloud data centers will process 94% of workloads in 2021.
The above data displays the growth and speed of how the cloud market flourished, and it also predicts that this industry would even achieve greater heights in the coming years. Hence, this is palpable that the future of cloud jobs is prospering and would rise in demand with coming time.
Pitching approach as a career prospect to an employer.
How to convince an employer? How to project your qualities and skills?
Here are some tips for approaching an employer:
- Shortlist the company as per the vision.
- Understand the position from prospects too.
- Clarify the position duties.
- Detail your qualifications, skill, certification, courses, internships, knowledge, and experience in the field.
- Explain your professional background to maintain transparency.
- Create a well-written proposal.
- Don’t project what you are not. Instead, maintain a positive gesture during interviews.
- Maintain professionalism during communication.
- Show your interest and effort.
- Show passion for the job.
“Expression is a power.”
Conclusion: In this blog, we discussed different parameters of what cloud computing and cloud industry avail in terms of opportunity, knowledge, employment and career prospects. It also gives an insight into how much cloud jobs would prosper shortly. If this blog helped you in any way, please circulate it to others; it might benefit them also.
Thanks for reading!