You all must be familiar with various AWS offerings, from security services, storage services, and managed services to database services, security compliances, etc. But are you well aware of AWS video streaming Services?
This article will focus briefly on AWS Elemental Media Services and its benefits.
Here we covered –
- What are AWS Media Services?
- What is the purpose of AWS Media Services?
- AWS Media Services’ Workflow
- 8 Key AWS Elemental Media Services
- AWS Elemental MediaConnect
- AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- AWS Elemental MediaPackage
- AWS Elemental MediaLive
- AWS Elemental MediaTailor
- AWS Elemental MediaStore
- Amazon Interactive Video Service
- Amazon Kinesis Video Streams
What are AWS Media Services?
AWS Media Services is a vast broadcast service specifically used to transfer live and on-demand content on the cloud. These media services help quickly build video workflows, eliminate capacity planning, scale with growth, and support pay-as-you-go pricing.
What is the purpose of AWS Media Services?
AWS Elemental Media Services makes delivery of digital content fast and easy. AWS Media Services combine the vast capabilities of Amazon Web Services cloud with cutting-edge video expertise to enable a platform for rapid innovation. AWS Media Solutions helps deliver every device’s content from cloud-based services with agile, scalable, and future-ready video workflows.
Whether you are launching a T.V channel, delivering on-demand programs, or broadcasting live events across the globe, with flexible infrastructure and simplified video operations, one can focus on what matters, i.e., engaging viewers, deriving growth, and unlocking new revenue.
Cloud has become the foundation of content creation, production, and distribution. Video workflows are undergoing fundamental shared net from fixed-function hardware to elastic media services, from finite infrastructure to infinite capacity, from scheduled programming to streaming anywhere and anytime. Therefore, AWS Media Solutions is the coming future of media.
AWS Media Services’ Workflow
Let us have a look at how AWS proceeds towards handling media and content;
- Aim at content: AWS Media Services helps you focus on creating and delivering innovative content by eliminating the overhead of maintaining physical infrastructure and minimizing the manual input and administration of content.
- Better Innovation: AWS Claims to offer a wide range of services with the deepest functionality that promotes creativity for media professionals to scale resources and innovate with brimming technologies such as machine learning and analytics.
- High Scalability to meet demand: Scales to meet the need of laid projects, content requirements, or audience size with services and resources built on the most expansive and global infrastructure. Also provides high availability depending upon regions and locations
- Enhanced Speed and security: AWS Media Services are designed on the most secured global infrastructure, which provides your own media construct, including encryption, and managed retention. The worldwide network of Amazon web services delivers video streams with low latency and supports creative talent.
8 Key AWS Elemental Media Services
1. AWS Elemental MediaConnect
AWS MediaConnect is a high-quality transport service specifically for live video. AWS MediaConnect assures you more reliability and security of satellite with flexibility, agility, and economics of IP-based networks. This service proved fruitful for some customers who have tried solutions that transmit live video on top of IP infrastructure to avoid expensive satellite and fiber approaches but later struggled with reliability and security.
MediaConnect allows building mission-critical live video workflows in minimal time and expense of satellite or fiber services. Other use cases of MediaConnect also involve:
- Streaming live videos from the remote event site.
- Sharing content with a partner.
- Replicating a video stream for processing.
MediaConnect works with other AWS media services as a complete set of tools for building flexible cloud-based video workflows and transporting high-quality live video at a fraction of other methods’ typical setup timing cost.
- Reliable video transport
- Securely share live video streams
- Easy management of high-value live broadcast
- Connect remote production applications in the cloud
- Provides High availability
- Lowers cost by 30%.
2. AWS Elemental MediaConvert
AWS Elemental MediaConvert service is a file-based video transcoding service accompanied by broadcast-grade attributes. MediaConvert reduces the complexity and effort of building your own Video processing Infrastructure and helps deliver a compelling media experience.
AWS MediaCovert can be best utilized for creating video-on-demand (VOD) content for broadcast and multiscreen delivery. This service exhibits advanced audio and video qualities and runs on a pay-as-you-go pricing modal.
One of the primary key features of MediaConvert involves extensive input and output support. Along with this, MediaConvert also encompasses built-in reliability and automated resource provisioning. It reduces the burden of video processing infrastructure management by automating the focussed aspect of provisioning management.
With simple access to AWS Management Console or the API to launch video processing workloads configured to the laid stipulations, MedaiConvert handles many other parameters such as provisioning, optimization, service orchestration, scaling, healing, plus resiliency failover, surveillance, and support.
- Broadcast grade capabilities
- Reliable and easy management
- Simple and affordable.
3. AWS Elemental MediaPackage
AWS Elemental MediaPackage is defined to protect video with utmost reliability for a safe delivery over the internet. MediaPackage generates video streams formatted to play on connected devices such as TVs, mobile phones, computers, tablets, and game consoles from just a single video input promoting an extensive viewer reach.
MediaPackage exhibits the capability to protect video content with Digital Rights Management (DRM). Depending upon the capacity of the playback devices, the appropriate content protection is selected.
MediaPackage also possesses the capability to scale automatically based on the incoming stream request and with a better response to load, so the viewer’s experience is still unhampered without accurately predicting the required capacity in advance. It is designed for high reliability with distributed resources across various availability zones and a built-in shield and cache for a dependable performance without any issues during access by one or more CDNs.
AWS Elemental MediaPackage can be paired with other AWS services effortlessly with live encoding or can be used to run independently. AWS services like Amazon CloudFront CDN offers seamless interoperability with AWS MediaPackage.
- Enhanced reach for connected device
- Built-in scalability and reliability
- Advanced video experience and content protection
- Efficient interlinking among AWS cloud services.
4. AWS Elemental MediaLive
MediaLive is an AWS cloud-based broadcast-grade live video processing service. It helps to design high-quality video streams for delivery to broadcast televisions and internet-connected multiscreen devices, such as connected TVs, tablets, smartphones, and set-top boxes.
MediaLive runs by encoding live video streams in real-time mainly by compressing a larger-sized live video into a smaller version for distribution to your viewers. AWS MediaLive can easily format streams for live events and 24×7 channels with modern broadcasting features, high availability, and pay-as-you-go pricing.
Broadcast features like ad markers, closed captions, multiple language audio tracks, audio descriptors, and FCC-mandated loudness correction are well supported by AWS Elemental MediaLive. This service can be integrated with other AWS services or can work independently. MediaLive works natively with AWS Elemental MediaConnect, provisioning secure and reliable transport of video to use as input to live channels.
Other Features of MediaLive include statistical multiplexing, automated resource provisioning, high automated availability, and flexible workflows. AWS MediaLive contributes to creating compelling videos supporting the best customer experience. Moreover, it removes the complexity and requirement of building and operating broadcast-grade video processing infrastructure.
- Simple deployment and management
- Broadcast-grade capabilities
- Increased efficiency and reduced cost.
5. AWS Elemental MediaTailor
As a cloud-based resource, AWS Elemental MediaTailor enables you to insert personalized ads inter streaming videos, increasing audience engagement and boosting revenue. It lets video providers create linear OTT Channels with existing video content and monetize those channels or other live streams with personalized advertising. Setting up virtual linear channels is no more expensive or complex and does not require management of real-time live encoding with MediaTailor.
With this Channel assembly service, advertisements are seamlessly fixed into the content and can be tailored to individual viewers, maximizing monetization chances for every ad break and averts adblocking. MediaTailor works independently or with any content delivery network to offer reliable, scalable channel assembly and ad personalization.
Other key features of AWS Elemental MediaTailor include server-side Ad insertion, which also captures accurate granular measurement of an ad impression.
MediaTailor scales automatically with the number of concurrent viewers with continuous performance. You are not restricted to a particular vendor even for that component of video workflows that works directly with service; CDN, as decision server, and origin server.
- Efficient linear channel creation and distribution
- Audience engagement with relevant content
- Seamless experience across different devices
- Increased effectiveness of monetization
- Accurate ad view reporting
- Flexible standard-based solution.
6. AWS Elemental MediaStore
AWS Elemental MediaStore is explicitly designed for media applications; this service continues to ride wide-sized video segments to storage and outputs the most up-to-date files. It is media optimized origin store for video workflows. MediaStore scales seamlessly as the audience increases, run on a pay-as-you-go service pricing with no upfront cost and require no investment in complex storage hardware to support streaming video.
This media storage service enhances the operational experience by providing consistency, performance, and low latency required to deliver live streaming video content. Integration with IAM averts unauthorized intrusion and can restrict access to the entire storage container if needed. AWS Elemental MediaStore also works with other AWS media services as a complete set of tools for cloud-based video processing and delivery.
- High performance, optimized for video
- Scale with audience
- Familiar management tool for access control.
7. Amazon Interactive Video Service
Amazon IVS is a managed live video solution; structured to be easy and quick to set up. It helps to avail low latency live video to viewers across the globe. It improves the quality of the service video as it detects the optimal network path from the streamer’s location and intelligently chooses the appropriate endpoint to receive the input video stream.
Amazon IVS collaborates with mobile broadcast SDK; SDK applications can access the device camera, microphone, and screen sources or use custom audio and video sources. IVS is a simple and cost-effective service that runs on a pay-as-you-go pricing depending upon the hours of video sent to the service and hours delivered to the audience.
It can scale automatically according to the size of the audience and the number of channels.
- Simple to use live video streaming
- Configuration free low-latency
- Easy integration into website and apps
- Build an engaging audience experience.
8. Amazon Kinesis Video Streams
With the help of Amazon Kinesis Video Streams, one can securely stream video from connected devices to AWS for data analytics, machine learning (ML), playback, and other processing. Kinesis Video Streams provisions SDKs that make the streaming of videos to AWS straightforward. It also promotes HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) for live and on-demand playback of video ingested from devices on any browser or mobile app.
Integration of Kinesis Video Streams with Amazon Rekognition Video can help build computer vision applications that detect and recognize faces in streaming video.
Amazon Kinesis Video is fully managed, so it requires no infrastructure management, plus its scales automatically for millions of viewers. With Amazon S3, Kinesis video streams provide durable storage and follow pay-as-you-go pricing.
It has access control with AWS IAM and support for low-latency two-way media streaming with WebRTC.
- Stream video with millions of devices
- Builds a real-time vision and video-enabled apps
- Playback live and recorded video streams
- Extract images for enhanced playback or machine learning application
- Build apps with two-way, real-time media streaming
- Provides security and reliability
- No hassle to manage infrastructure.
8. What does Rapyder bring to the table?
Rapyder cloud solutions is an agile and innovative company that closely works to generate and deliver high-quality cloud services at your door. Rapyder cloud solutions is a global cloud consulting partner of AWS, and the team at Rapyder is highly proficient and skilled in guiding you with AWS services throughout your cloud journey.
Rapyder’s area of expertise encapsulates the following services;
- Managed Amazon Cloud Services
- Cloud Migration
- Well-Architected Framework
- Serverless Computing
- End-User Computing
- Database Services
- Cloud Consulting
- Storage services.
Rapyder provides 24×7 monitoring, guidance, support, and on-time delivery with a detailed approach, efficient team, and best-in-class services.
This article provides insight into AWS Elemental Media Services, covering all the parameters and related subjects. It is essential to understand the purpose and best use of any service to deploy in expectation of 100% result. We hope you better understand AWS Elemental Media Services through this article that focuses on its benefits and various features. Kindly share this among your social circle and help people know more about this subject.
Thank you for reading!