Technology today is witnessing a different viewpoint altogether. Cloud Computing is all about storing and accessing company information on the internet instead of deriving it from the computer drive. In addition, Cloud has made it agile, scalable for businesses with a pay-as-you-go advantage, and drops security worries behind you.
When we talk about the standpoint of CIOs, they need to be aware of different Cloud services, trends, and facts. The facts about Cloud would be better handled and managed by the head of IT, keeping in mind the technical and business knowledge required.
An in-depth cloud knowledge in a cloud environment is a must-have by every CIO, considering their technical and business managing responsibilities.
- Cloud Growth– Cloud has witnessed an expected growth in its usage since the pandemic hit. Organizations, digital services have become dependent on the Cloud for their business. Forbes published that by 2022, $482 billion will be spent on cloud services alone, increasing the Cloud demand and its services. CIOs that are yet to consider Cloud for their organization should assess the benefits of Cloud.
- Evolution of Hybrid Cloud– With Cloud adoption, the question of public cloud being more beneficial than private cloud has always been in existence. Adopting the best of both worlds approach is something big companies are looking forward to. Data that requires quick and frequent access can be taken from the public cloud, such as AWS, and critical information that needs monitoring can be carried from the private cloud. This goes on to make a hybrid cloud infrastructure that benefits the business with more security and cost-effectiveness.
- Workload Efficiency – Before migrating to Cloud, assessing that every workload fits in the cloud environment is an important decision that comes in the hand of the decision makers. As the transformation to the Cloud is executed, the workload efficiency and the ability to perform matters.
- Stick to a Private Cloud or Public Cloud– From a Cloud Economics viewpoint, CIOs should assess which option is better suitable for their organization. Private and Public cloud has a cost difference, with more advantages here than there. It comes down to the higher authorities whether the opted method is cost-efficient for the organization, or not.
- Total cost of operating– The cost required to move to Cloud included with its operations is a fact that should not slip one’s mind. An organization’s ability to upgrade to Cloud and assess the total cost of operations must be thoroughly evaluated.
- Sustainability with Cloud – Cloud platform offers a range of services with fewer carbon emissions. In the cloud environment, organizations share a common hardware instead of using their own hardware, decreasing the carbon footprint and increasing utilization. Small businesses that look to save up on costs will be served both the purpose, a sustainable server and a cost-efficient method, with cloud.
- Scalability– Integrating Cloud, upgrading and expanding every application or a piece of infrastructure to handle more load, bring out better results at the same time is what Cloud helps with. As per the demand, the load of an application can be increased or decreased, bringing out the efficiency in the organization.
- AI in Cloud – With the advancement in technology, AI is one of the most used and utilized. AI improves the functioning of a business, increases business efficiency, and helps in managing and automating the process intelligently. Therefore, C-level executives should lookout to take up AI in their organization as it smoothens organizational flow, increasing and improving efficiency.
As of April 2021, Canalys reported that the cloud market has grown up to 35% worldwide in the first quarter. AWS alone has exceeded the estimated market growth prediction, from $13.1 billion to $13.5 billion.
AWS is the leading cloud service provider, globally. Organizations should consider migrating to AWS for all the benefits it offers, easing business for all organizations.
Rapyder Offerings & Services
Rapyder, an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, is an agile, precise and innovative company that offers end-to-end cloud solutions across industry verticals. Our 3-prong approach of Cloud Consultation, Adoption and Sustenance is highly desired by the industry. With an expert and highly trained professionals, we assist several C-level executives in making wise decisions while adopting cloud.
With the onset of the pandemic, Cloud has expectedly seen a growth as the world took on digitally for its survival. Businesses big or small, educational services, digital services, OTT platforms are all digitally dependent, and this leads to Cloud demand at its peak.
The cloud market as a whole has never been bigger. Hence, we have presented this blog discussing a few key points that would help c-level executives choose the right cloud service provider for their organization.
To avail a free cloud consultation and know more about our services, contact us.