Technology today is witnessing a different viewpoint altogether. Cloud Computing is about storing and accessing company information on the internet instead of deriving it from the computer drive. In addition, Cloud has made it agile and scalable for businesses with a pay-as-you-go advantage and drops security worries behind you.
When we talk about the standpoint of CIOs, they need to be aware of different Cloud services, trends, and facts. The facts about Cloud would be better handled and managed by the head of IT, considering the technical and business knowledge required.
In-depth cloud knowledge in a cloud environment is a must-have by every CIO, considering their technical and business managing responsibilities
- Cloud Growth – Cloud has witnessed an expected growth in its usage since the pandemic hit. Organizations and digital services have become dependent on the Cloud for their business. Forbes published that by 2022, $482 billion will be spent on cloud services, increasing the Cloud demand and services. CIOs that are yet to consider Cloud for their organization should assess the benefits of Cloud.
- Evolution of Hybrid Cloud – With Cloud adoption, the question of public cloud being more beneficial than private cloud has always existed. Adopting the best-of-both-worlds approach is something big companies are looking forward to. Data that requires quick and frequent access can be taken from the public cloud, such as AWS, and critical information that needs monitoring can be carried from the private cloud. This goes on to make a hybrid cloud infrastructure that benefits the business with more security and cost-effectiveness.
- Workload Efficiency – Before migrating to Cloud, assessing that every workload fits in the cloud environment is an important decision for decision-makers. As the transformation to the Cloud is executed, the workload efficiency and the ability to perform matters.
- Stick to a Private Cloud or Public Cloud – From a Cloud Economics viewpoint, CIOs should assess which option is better suitable for their organization. Private and Public cloud has a cost difference, with more advantages here than there. It comes down to the higher authorities whether the opted method is cost-efficient for the organization.
- Total cost of operating– The cost required to move to Cloud included with its operations is a fact that should not slip one\’s mind. An organization’s ability to upgrade to Cloud and assess the total cost of operations must be thoroughly evaluated.
- Sustainability with Cloud – Cloud platform offers services with fewer carbon emissions. In the cloud environment, organizations share common hardware instead of their hardware, decreasing the carbon footprint and increasing utilization. Small businesses that look to save on costs will be served both the purpose of a sustainable server and a cost-efficient method with cloud.
- Scalability – Cloud integration, upgrading and expanding every application or piece of infrastructure to handle more load, and bringing out better results is what cloud helps with. As per the demand, the load of an application can be increased or decreased, bringing out efficiency in the organization.
- AI in Cloud – With technological advancement, AI is one of the most used and utilized. AI improves the functioning of a business, increases business efficiency, and helps manage and automate the process intelligently. Therefore, C-level executives should take up AI in their organization as it smoothens organizational flow, increasing and improving efficiency.
As of April 2021, Canalys reported that the cloud market has grown up to 35% worldwide in the first quarter. AWS alone has exceeded the estimated market growth prediction, from $13.1 billion to $13.5 billion.
AWS is the leading cloud service provider globally. Organizations should consider migrating to AWS for all its benefits, easing business for all organizations.
Rapyder Offerings & Services
Rapyder, an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, is an agile, precise, and innovative company that offers end-to-end cloud solutions across industry verticals. The industry highly desires our 3-pronged Cloud Consultation, Adoption, and Sustenance approach. With expert and highly trained professionals, we assist several C-level executives in making wise decisions while adopting cloud.
With the onset of the pandemic, Cloud has expectedly seen growth as the world took on digitally for its survival. Businesses, big or small, educational services, digital services, and OTT platforms are all digitally dependent, leading to Cloud demand at its peak.
The cloud market as a whole has never been bigger. Hence, we have presented this blog discussing key points that would help C-level executives choose the right cloud service provider for their organization.
Contact us to avail a free cloud consultation and know more about our services.