Cloud migration is the process of moving your organization’s databases, digital assets, IT resources, and applications to the cloud. It can be partially migrated or as a whole. Migration can also refer to moving from one cloud service provider to another to achieve better business results.
Most common problems faced by organizations without cloud
- Scaling the Infrastructure: Auto-scaling the resources as needed can be challenging in an on-prem environment.
- Flexibility: The degree of flexibility varies for non-cloud infrastructure. Sometimes, users are forced to revamp the entire system and hardware setup completely.
- Speed, Availability, and Performance: Limitations due to the ISP and bandwidth negatively impact business. SEO, User experience, Reputation, Business Continuity Processes, and conversion go for a toss once any of these parameters are impacted.
- Cost savings: Expansion and scaling the on-premise setup can quickly become an expensive option based on business needs.
- Disaster Recovery: Data breaches, server outages, and cracking attempts can adversely affect the reputation of any business. Reduction and survival of such incidents shall be a priority for any vertical.
- Security: Securing the infrastructure from cracking attempts, malware, DDoS, SQL Injections, Managing the security teams, and compliances is a laborious and complex task to exercise regularly.
Most common problems faced by organizations while migrating to cloud
- Visibility of Existing Infrastructure: Many business decision-makers lack visibility to their infrastructure and accumulate incurring costs by paying for resources they are not using or can be optimized. A proper planning session can remediate such adverse scenarios.
- Planning a framework: Right services at the right timing and in the right place is a puzzle game any dedicated infrastructure team has to conquer.
- Cost and Performance Optimization: The addition of avoidable resources, not adopting open source and free license offerings, unfixed vulnerabilities, and choice of excess resource allocation can be overwhelming.
- Disaster Recovery and Backup setup: Creating a proper backup cycle, standard SOPs on disaster recovery, timely data swaps, and automated alerts.
- Security Setup: Audit requirements and setup, real-time alerts, prevention procedures, auxiliary services, threat and vulnerability detection, and resolution usually require a specialized management team or need to be partnered with a reliable security agency.
- Auxiliary Service Adoption: Scaling the business will require specialized security, cost optimization, data analytics, IoT, RPA, and other services to extend the functionality of the infrastructure. Finding the right service can only be determined by specialists having multi-front experience.
Most common problems faced by an organization after migrating to cloud
- Discovering a Trusted Managed Services Partner: After migrating to the cloud, managing the entire infrastructure and simultaneously handling organizational tasks becomes a little too difficult. It becomes another task to worry about when fighting technological fires and focusing on running your business.
- Domain Expertise Gap: Teams with little to no knowledge of cloud migration services will have a hard time coping, leading to ineffective implementation. Instead, they can work with experts who can provide guidance, eventually reducing the risk of mistakes.
- Initial Adoption Costs: Migrating to cloud involves quite a lot of initial costs, such as purchasing new hardware-software licenses or engaging cloud service providers. These costs can accumulate if the migration is not planned and executed optimally.
- Challenges to Advance App Modernization: Organizations often encounter compatibility and legacy systems difficulties after migrating their applications to the cloud. Lack of knowledge within teams can lead to mistakes and hinder performance or integration issues between modern and legacy components. Modernizing applications to align with cloud-native principles requires careful consideration of factors like architecture, scalability, and resource utilization.
Costs associated with cloud – migration cost
Maintaining a resilient IT infrastructure involves overseeing various essential elements that collectively impact the overall budget. Firstly, there are infrastructure expenses, which cover costs linked to hardware, networking devices, and data storage solutions. In addition, licensing expenditures are significant, encompassing the costs associated with software licenses and ongoing subscriptions. Furthermore, resource outlays, such as IT staff salaries, training initiatives, and fees for outsourcing specialized tasks, constitute a substantial portion of the financial plan.
All these related costs can be a load on your budgeting plan. To achieve a harmonious balance among these expenditures, Rapyder can be your partner to effectively manage an IT infrastructure that is both cost-efficient and high-performing.
How to find a reliable cloud migration partner?
Ensure compliance with industry certifications and standards.
Technologies & Service Roadmap
Plan future tech upgrades and service enhancements.
Data Security & Governance
Implement robust data protection, and policies.
Identify critical service dependencies & partnerships.
Contracts, Commercials & SLAs
Review contracts, pricing, and service level agreements.
Reliability & Performance
Maintain high system reliability and optimize performance.
Migration Support & Exit Planning
Prepare for migration and vendor exit strategies.
Business Health & Profile
Assess business health and update company profile.
How to plan your migration journey?
Before diving into a cloud migration journey, you need to build a migration strategy to move your data and applications from on-premises to a cloud architecture. It is beneficial to prioritize and validate the workloads that are going to benefit from the migration.
There are 7 R’s of migration that one needs to keep in mind before a cloud migration:
- Refactor – Rearchitecting your existing applications by altering them and leveraging cloud capabilities and unavailable features in the existing environment.
- Rehost – Better known as “lift and shift,” this strategy involves lifting your entire stack and shifting it to cloud from on-premises hosting.
- Repurchase – Repurchasing involves transitioning to a different product, mostly a SaaS-based product, and dropping the traditional licensing model.
- Replatform – This strategy involves optimizing your landscape for the cloud and making a few adjustments to benefit from cloud.
- Relocate – Moving your entire infrastructure to the cloud without requiring new hardware or adjustments to current operations.
- Retire – After evaluating your application for cloud readiness, eliminate all those applications that are no longer useful.
- Retain – For some applications in your environment that were recently upgraded and require refactoring, consider holding them back from the cloud for the moment.
Time frame of implementation
The timeframe for executing services fluctuates based on the intricacy and scale of the project. Generally, it encompasses several crucial stages, such as initial planning, development, testing, deployment, and continuous maintenance.
Below are the details of the estimated timeframe for a few services:
|Initial Reviews||1 Day|
|Planning Phase||1 Day|
|Testing and handover managed services||2 Days|
Best practices for industries in cloud migration
1. Determine Your Business Objectives: Define your business goals for cloud migration, such as cost reduction, scalability improvement, or operational efficiency enhancement. Clear objectives will help you prioritize your efforts effectively.
2. Select the Right Cloud Provider: Choose a cloud provider aligning with your startup or small-to-medium business needs, considering factors like technical requirements and business goals.
3. Create a Migration Plan: Develop a structured migration plan to address technical aspects and dependencies systematically. This ensures resource allocation, realistic timelines, and risk mitigation.
4. Establish a Communication Strategy: Keep your team and customers informed about migration timelines and potential downtime. This involves communicating with internal stakeholders and customer bases.
5. Perform a Migration Dry-Run: Conduct a trial migration without affecting operations to proactively identify and resolve issues like configuration, compatibility, or performance concerns.
6. Execute the Migration: Follow your migration plan for a smooth transition to the new cloud environment. Ensure alignment with your technical and business requirements throughout the process.
7. Seek Expert Support: Consider partnering with cloud migration experts to receive valuable guidance, efficiency, and support, minimizing downtime during the transition.
The Start and Sustenance of Cloud
- Migration Planning: The approaches for transitioning to the cloud, whether establishing a new environment or moving your current infrastructure, can vary depending on the architecture. We are here to assist you in both scenarios. Additionally, you have the option to enhance your infrastructure and reduce costs by choosing our Architecture Review and Licensing Optimization services.
- Ongoing Infrastructure Maintenance: Our cloud-managed services have received top ratings from both OEM partners and customers across various industries. Our dedicated 24/7 customer support team is well-equipped to handle unexpected situations with minimal disruption for our clients. We provide timely alerts regarding security threats, cost analysis, adverse system trends, optimization recommendations, and more to ensure a seamless experience in the cloud environment.
How Rapyder helps with its full-stack cloud services
Rapyder, an ISO-certified organization, specializes in assisting you with the ultimate cloud migration strategy, specially carved as per your business requirements. Whether you require a thorough assessment or assistance setting up your infrastructure or executing migrations, we are dedicated to guiding you through every step of the process.
However, it’s essential to recognize the significance of choosing the right cloud partner as your migration endeavors expand. As the cloud migration landscape evolves, the demand for increased visibility and data-driven decision-making becomes paramount to achieving progress and success.
We partner directly with industry leaders such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and other OEMs. These partnerships help us ensure we can provide you with the most exceptional cloud migration solutions.
Your Business Deserves a Customized Solution
With a low-budget and an efficient IT team, cloud offers innumerous possibilities that will help your employees, customers, and data connect, smoothly. This helps you attract new customers and improve engagement. You can automate parts of your business processes to work more efficiently.
Rapyder can help your business with building and hosting websites, creating web and mobile applications.
The right cloud-service provider can make your life easier by developing, testing and deploying.
- Ready-made setups for popular website platforms.
- Templates for common business apps.
- Affordable, secure databases for online sales.
- Rapid development and testing spaces.
- Options to integrate with partner products.
- Dependable networks for high demand.
Additional help from Rapyder – Free credits, free KYA, Partner offers, Special offers for startup and partners
Rapyder offers a range of valuable services to help businesses optimize their cloud journey. We provide Free Cost Assessment services conducted by cloud experts who will analyze your organization’s infrastructure and offer recommendations on cloud type, provider, and resource provisioning to align with budget and business growth.
We specialize in Cloud Consultation and offer Free Cloud Consultation for you. We help businesses reduce IT resources and costs while ensuring high reliability, security, and optimal performance.
Our offers also include a Know Your Architecture program for your business to assess your current cloud setup and outline IT objectives, facilitating a clear migration strategy.
To get started on the public cloud, we offer Free Cloud Credits, especially for start-ups. We help organizations reduce and optimize the cloud service to obtain the most efficient public cloud environment possible.
Our members can enroll in Rapyder programs for benefits worth above USD 1 million.
These benefits include:
- Mentorship programs from business and technical experts
- Free promotional credits up to $5000
- 25% discounts on regular service fees
- Two months of free support
- Up to 25% off on implementation charges
- Availability of Cloud audit services
- Migration acceleration programs and many more.
Related Case studies
High Performance, Increased ROI, And Incredible Customer Experience Was Achieved With Biryani by Kilo’s Migration To AWS Cloud.
21 March 2022 About the client Gurugram-based food-tech start-up, Biryani by Kilo (BBK), launched in…
5 October 2021 About The Client Medi Assist is India’s largest Third-Party Administrator (TPA) and…
5 October 2021 About The Client Oxigen Services India Pvt. Ltd., powered by 14 years…
17 July 2020 About The Client DIZBI is a digital product and services private limited…
15 December 2019 About The Client TIX was founded in 2009 with the single goal…
29 November 2019 About The Client Frrole is a best-in-class AI platform based in Bangalore…
Supplementary services we offer
Rapyder provides you with all the modern facilities and services, including:
- Omni-Channel Marketing and Messaging
- Big Data
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- App Modernization
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation)
- Cloud Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Data Lakes and Warehouses
- Internet of Things
- Database Modernization
- Blockchain and more as the need arises
Industries we support
We specialize in providing multiple industries with customized cloud solutions, enabling them to a vertical-specific digital transformation.
Industries we have served:
- Computers & Electronics
- Consumer Goods
- Energy & Utilities
- Life Sciences
- Marketing & Advertising
- Media & Entertainment
- Non-Profit Organization
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Utilities
- Professional Services
- Real Estate & Construction
- Software & Internet
- Transportation & Logistics
- Wholesale & Distribution
Our cloud migration process follows a step-by-step strategy.
Phase 1: Cloud Migration Assessment
Rapyder’s Cloud Migration Assessment, also known as the Migration Readiness Assessment, stands as a crucial starting point in the migration process, offering organizations a comprehensive understanding of their potential migration. This assessment delves deep into existing infrastructure strengths and weaknesses, guiding organizations with a cloud-focused approach to plan and execute a well-defined migration strategy. By relieving the complexities associated with migration, Rapyder enables teams to focus on critical areas, ensuring a seamless transition through collaboration, meticulous application evaluation, and alignment with customer priorities.
Phase 2: Mobilization
The “Mobilize” phase is crucial for large-scale migrations, offering businesses a comprehensive plan and a well-prepared environment for a successful transition. This phase establishes a secure, resilient cloud infrastructure, boosting operational efficiency and data protection. Thorough Proof of Concept (POC) tests during this phase validate the migration strategy, eradicating uncertainties, minimizing risks, and enhancing confidence in the impending migration journey.
Phase 3: Migration and Operations
Following the mobilization phase, our adept team seamlessly migrates data center capabilities and applications to the Cloud using industry best practices and Well-Architected Reviews. With a focus on mission-critical projects, each workload is meticulously migrated and tested in the new environment using an agile sprint-based method. Our support continues through Managed Services, dedicated to maintaining your operations’ efficiency, performance, and security.
Benefits realized after migrating to cloud
- Reduced Costs: Only pay for what you use, with no additional costs.
- Increased Flexibility: Organizations can easily scale resources to match peak demand.
- Improved Security: Cloud solutions enhance security and offer a more secure environment.
- Enhanced Collaboration: It boosts collaboration with tools for seamless teamwork.
- Improved Disaster Recovery: Organizations can rapidly recover data if their primary data center goes offline.
24*7 Customer Support
We provide 24/7 dedicated customer support for all unexpected situations with minimal downtime without compromising customer convenience.
In rare cases, businesses may want to exit the cloud due to unavoidable circumstances. This scenario is rare since most companies quickly realize the benefits the cloud delivers within months of adoption. Rapyder can completely support your migration to a new environment from the cloud if an imminent drop from cloud is necessary.
Connect now and get your questions
We’re committed to providing you with the best possible support.