About The Client
Established in 1981, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is a deemed-to-be University of global repute and a leading name for Management education in India. It is striving towards its vision of becoming a globally admired university by 2030. NMIMS prides itself for being consistent in maintaining high quality academic and research work with faculty members from top national and global institutes. Today, it has grown to 107 schools and 16 disciplines. This multidisciplinary and multi-campus (across cities) institution is accredited by national bodies, such as NAAC and NBA at the highest level. Its management institution is accredited by AACSB and its Bengaluru and Hyderabad programs are accredited by AMBA. The NMIMS academic infrastructure is at par with the best in the world today.
The Business Need
NMIMS was running its Learning Management System (LMS) workload on Microsoft Azure. It was run on a single server with challenges related to application performance besides incurring of very high costs. LMS, being very crucial in course creation and managing administration, tracking, reporting and delivery of courses, its performance and cost-effectiveness were top priority for the institution.
Client was exploring a more suitable cloud computing service provider to address the existing challenges, in addition to signing up with a partner who could support in the migration process.
Rapyder Cloud Solutions, an Advanced AWS Consulting partner with expertise and experience in successful cloud migration services was chosen by the Client for migration and implementation.
Rapyder’s expert team of Cloud Architects had several discovery sessions with the Client and did a complete analysis to understand the latter’s requirement for the migration. This was followed by Rapyder’s team conceptualizing and stitching a powerful and a customized solution around AWS services for the task. The team helped in migrating the client’s application from Azure to AWS, tested them on the new location and consolidated all the web applications on AWS.
The robust solution configured and implemented by Rapyder’s team, for a successful migration to AWS is captured below,
- Having understood the need for future scaling on the cloud infrastructure, the Web and DB layers were split to facilitate scaling at a later stage and avoid any single point failure.
- Application Load Balancers that support contentbased routing and applications which run in containers were placed in front of the web layer, as the first line of defense. It also provides additional visibility into the health of the target instances and containers and take care of bad requests coming from the users.
- Custom metrics were configured on each server to track utilization of all the infrastructure metrics.
- Amazon GuardDuty, the threat detection service was implemented to intelligently monitor for malicious activities of the AWS account at network level.
- Finally, dry run was performed to ensure the application migration was successful.
- The entire migration from Azure cloud to AWS cloud was done within 2 weeks with the business up and running soon.
- This migration of the workload resulted in better response times of the application.
- Cost was 28% lesser with AWS as compared to the running cost on the previous platform.
Rapyder is an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner with competencies in DevOps and Well-Architected Review that offers end-to-end cloud solutions across industry verticals. We are a cloud partner that is agile, precise, innovative and quick with solutions providing 24*7 support and monitoring for our services. Our organization has 100% AWS certified cloud engineers who work seamlessly to make cloud a business benefit for you.
In our journey of being a premium cloud service provider, we have successfully gained 150+ satisfied customers, 200+ cloud deployments and 50+ managed services clients across working sectors, leveraging every latest technology and tool of AWS.
To know how Rapyder can help you.
contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 733 868 6644