The continuous innovation and advancement in the education field clearly shows a radiant path for the EdTech sector. From kids to parents to educators to scientists, everyone understands the meaningful relationship between education and technology. The pandemic world restrictions turned the world upside down. Covid-19 pandemic necessitated the remote working across the globe.
Now more than 81% of educators could take great value from the digital tools used in the classrooms. Almost 90% of the students use digital devices at least 4 days a week.
However, major impact was drawn towards EdTech post the introduction of social distancing concept. Due to advancement in the technology field and with the amalgamation of cloud and EdTech, the ease of conducting online sessions, classes, workshops, webinars was witnessed.
Cloud Technology enabled students to learn through collaborative learning. The technologies adopted by universities like collaborative revision tools, note sharing, video conferencing etc. has helped gain more engagement of the students. This proactive shift towards the digitalization has been very significant for the universities and students alike.
The new landscape of numerous cloud technologies can facilitate learning to fulfill the needs (both long term and short term). This has helped bring out solutions in the (pre & post) pandemic world which are not just short term but will be there for a long time.
With the cloud onboarded, development of scalable and enhanced solutions benefits EdTech in more ways than one. Full potential can be realized with the help of cloud computing, and constant growth can be seen. Cloud supports EdTech companies to grow, begin and optimize their business as they deliver on their mission for education.
Here’s how Cloud helps EdTech:
- Providing Additional Support to Students: Cloud has been constantly supporting the EdTech industry. Students and staff both gain its benefits. The intro of chatbots has replaced the real time manual effort of a human and helped EdTech companies save time and effort. The queries which the students or parents have, can first hand be solved by these chatbots. There has been significant increase in the usage of LMS for assistance. The capacity of cloud helps universities to store more data and helps students to attain customizable solutions to all their study related problems.
- Opening Up the Materials for the Masses: Cloud has helped institutions by making study materials available everywhere to students even in the remotest of areas. The market of digital textbooks has increased exponentially. Universities have started to partner with online services to impart education to students.
- Helping in Cost-Cutting: Cloud gives flexibility to EdTech and takes care of ever-changing budgets, demands, and needs of the market. It follows pay-as-you-go model and helps save a lot of time and cost for the businesses.
- Allowing both Educators and Students: Cloud allows both educators and students to work and learn on their own pace without feeling any kind of pressure.
- Enabling Collaboration: Cloud has enabled collaboration for EdTech. From virtual syncs with busy parents to continuous student communications, a wide range of collaboration tools are delivered by cloud at ease.
- Scaling to Meet Demand for Greater Learning: The presence of mobile data has enabled scalability and enhanced online learning for students. Better quality can be imparted across the length and breadth of any country.
- Optimizing your Solutions and Reducing Costs: Cloud helps to reduce costs for schools and introduce better and greater learning than ever before. Students with the help of cloud can collaborate better on projects with fellow students, the assessment can be done virtually by teachers and the lessons can be learnt remotely. There is continuous flow of always-synced learning.
- Protecting Student Data: With the help of Cloud, EdTech companies are always protecting student data and following government norms. Your company can scale and meet demands with the highest security guarantee that comes with cloud.
- Ensuring Security, Reliability and All-Time Compliance: Cloud provides worldwide cutting-edge facilities. It is better to have student-sensitive data on cloud than storing that data in multiple drives as drive can be stolen or misplaced. Cloud providers delivers unparalleled data backup and disaster recovery. With cloud, the scalability and availability is enhanced for the EdTech sector.
- Implementing New Platforms and Tools: Cloud offers higher-ed institutions the ability to develop deeper connections via new digital platforms tools and simplifies technology for educators, students, and IT staff. Many education firms are providing digital exam solutions using tools like AI and ML. One of the major benefits of machine learning in education is that ML has taken over the load by systematically organizing content and managing the daily curriculum of teachers.
Looking at our above observations, the future of EdTech indeed looks cloudy. EdTech is definitely here to stay and evolve. But there is still a lot of areas where this technology needs to be explored. The current renaissance in EdTech has thrown light upon bringing new attention to the unresolved needs of our educational system. Hence when it comes to EdTech’s future, if it continues to appreciate the power of cloud technology, then the world of education can be reshaped.
Cloud computing Insights and Resources