It would help if you were acquainted with Serverless Computing since it is part of the market trend and availability. This article takes you close to knowing about AWS Serverless Architecture in a broader sense and the provisions made under AWS Serverless computing.
What is the meaning of serverless architecture?
Serverless architecture does not project the idea of operating without servers but hassle-free management of servers by the Cloud Provider.
Here, the applications and workload still run-on servers, but AWS does all the server handling. Going serverless averts you from provisioning, scaling, and maintaining servers to run your applications, databases, and storage systems. It minimizes user occupancy by shifting the load to AWS.
Some other components of the Serverless Architecture are;
- Serverless architecture automatically scales with usage, saving you from setting autoscaling separately.
- Never pay for the ideal scenarios; If it is not in use, you shouldn’t be paying for it ideally.
- The most important is built-in availability and fault tolerance.
What purpose does serverless architecture fulfil?
The deployment of serverless architecture reduces man engagement. By going serverless, the developers can fully pay attention to their core product instead of managing and operating servers or runtimes in the cloud or on-premises. This reduces the burden and lets developers regain time and energy spent developing projects and products, improving scalability and quality with assurance.
The overall productivity of serverless architecture also contributes immensely to the number of adoptions and rise in the market. Do You Know? According to research, the Serverless Architecture Market size exceeded USD 7 billion in 2020 and is poised to register gains at over 20% CAGR from 2021 to 2027.
Benefits of using serverless in AWS
Let’s know about all the benefits that serverless architecture brings in brief:
1. Serverless architecture is easy to deploy: The serverless approach for applications is perfect in deployment scenarios. It is needless to spin up instances separately; instead, it can spin up fast.
This scenario prevents you from worrying about the infra part; instead of weeks, it can deploy at night and day, at any hour. The deployment team can also focus on the core rather than the infrastructure built or management.
2. Low cost: The serverless architecture can entirely support cutting costs. The server’s database and logic will be managed by the third party managing serverless architecture, i.e., AWS. And it will also reduce the computing power and human resources if used for deploying servers built on-premise.
3. More value to the user interface: Technically, customers are more interested in the application than the infrastructure. The main focus is not on the backend code but the frontend part, like what the interface looks like to them. Here, server architecture enables the deployment team to focus on the interface rather than the backend architecture or the provisioned infra.
So, the deployment team can devote more time and value to the user interface for quality customer output.
4. Scalability: Serverless architecture helps scale the architecture as and when required. Suppose the idea is to expand the application from a small scale to a big scale or, starting from an initial level, and you look forward to providing more resources later. In such cases, serverless architecture can better help with scalability.
5. Improved latency: Serverless architecture usually has access on a global scale, so it helps to curb low latency issues. Suppose there is the hosting of an application on the west coast, and then there is a request coming from the east coast, so since the deployment is not there on the east coast, it would be challenging for the user to get the result, or there will be latency lag in between.
In such scenarios with serverless infrastructure, one can move to the closest location to the west coast and avail of the resource from there; this leads to improved latency.
6. Improved flexibility: It is easier to begin the implementation of an app serverless than the traditional method. Serverless also supports innovation at a faster pace as compared to conventional architecture.
Moreover, if an immediate result is expected, the application can be divided into microservices and deploy the resources on serverless architecture. This will help in reaping faster development, and the user can also focus on the next project.
7. More efficiency: Serverless architecture works on the basic pay-per-request. Even though these servers are not being utilized in traditional architecture, they would have a cost. In serverless architecture, you get charged only for the servers used or the timeframe for which it has been used.
This also helps provision infra based on the requirement as and when it comes to the end-user.
How does Rapyder help you?
Cloud Architects at Rapyder are skilled in Serverless solutions based on Amazon Web Services. We have created highly secure and scalable solutions for our customers that do not require investments in technological infrastructure. As a result, our customers have been able to focus on developing their applications without the need to occupy time or invest money to host these solutions.
Some of the benefits that you can reap at Rapyder are:
- No Servers
- High Availability
- Integrate with other AWS services
- Detailed Monitoring.
This blog briefly describes serverless computing in AWS, including in-depth knowledge about serverless computing, its purpose, and its benefits.
This article also displays a basic idea of how to construct serverless architecture. We hope this blog added some value and provided you with knowledge and information.
Kindly share this blog with your social circle and help them know more about this subject.
Thank you for reading.