About The Client
TIX was founded in 2006 with the single goal of making live events more affordable, so more people can go out and have more fun, more often. Join over 1 million members who enjoy exclusive access to the best ticket offers to theatre, concerts, musicals and more!
The client was developing an online booking application and wanted to host it on the Cloud. They were looking for the CI/CD solution for the same. Also, they want their application to be highly available and scalable. With the help of CI/CD they are expecting to have no human intervention in deploying the application and also reduce the turn-around time.
Consultants at Rapyder had detailed discussions with the client to understand their requirement and studied the working of their application to provide an optimum solution for the same. Team Rapyder stitched the solution around AWS services. The following solution was proposed and implemented.
- The client was using VSTS earlier to maintain their code. Now, the code management has been migrated to GitHub.
- AWS CodePipelines were implemented for each application and environment.
- Different pipelines have been set up for Dev, SIT and Production environments.
- WebHooks were configured for each Pipeline so that, the pipeline would get triggered with every commit.
- AWS Parameter Store was used to store the config variables which will be replaced at the time of deployment based on the environment.
- Jenkins has been configured for builds (MS Build) which will push the binaries to AWS S3.
- A package manager server has also been set up from where the application can download the Node and NuGet packages, so every time it will not go to public internet to download the packages. Thus it will reduce the build time.
- Code Deploy has been used to deploy the artifact to the target servers.
- Notifications have been set up at the pipeline level so that client can be notified about new deployments and failures.
- Rollbacks have also been configured; in case of a failed deployment, previous stable version will be deployed.
- CloudFormation scripts have been written for infrastructure. It will help the client to replicate the architecture in a short period of time.
- CloudFormation will help the customer to replicate the architecture in no time.
- CodePipeline helped the client to deploy the code without any human intervention. Thus the whole system is automated.
- Developers can now deploy their code at a quicker pace and test it to make it live for their customers.
Rapyder Cloud Solutions is agile, innovative company that makes Cloud work for you. With a young, passionate team and expertise in Cloud Computing Solutions, Big Data, Marketing & Commerce, DevOps and Managed Services, Rapyder is the leading provider of Strategic Cloud Consulting, Cloud Migration, DevOps Automation, Managed Services, and Security Consulting. With headquarters in Bangalore and sales & Support office in Delhi, India, we have the global assimilation of the cloud industry and ensure optimal technology solutions to reduce costs, streamline business processes and gain business advantages for their clients. For any queries, call Rapyder Cloud Consultants on +91 73386 86644 today! To know more about the company, please visit http://www.rapyder.com