About The Company
Our Customer is a socially conscious group that is working hand in hand with to solve the problems of traffic congestion, increased transit times and reducing air pollution. The Organization aims to provide users with a quick, simple, secure and cashless way to travel.
The Customer was running multiple workloads on Google Cloud Platform and had planned to migrate their entire B2C application from GCP to AWS. These were Java based applications to cater to their customer facing mobile app APIs with Backend Database as MySQL.
This migration was expected to be done with very minimal downtime of maximum 30 minutes.
Consultants at Rapyder had detailed discussions with the client to understand their requirement and studied the working of their application portfolio to provide an optimum solution for the migration. To address the objectives defined in the statement of work, our Solution Architects stitched the solution around AWS services.
The following solution was implemented:
- AWS Mumbai region was considered for the hosting of applications.
- All the servers behind the application load balancers were provisioned in private subnets in different AZ, which in turn was behind the load balancer.
- Load balancer would offload the SSL certificate and send traffic to appropriate instance.
- Public facing servers were launched in public subnet based on the requirement.
- OpenVPN server was provisioned to connect directly to the instances in private servers from local.
- RDS MySQL with Read replica was configured for Database.
- AWS ACM used for SSL certificates to be applied on load balancer.
- ElasticSearch was provisioned to be used as managed service and was replicated to AWS by backup and restore.
- RabbitMQ and ActiveMQ were configured on EC2.
- NAT Gateway was used for all outgoing internet connections from private servers.
- AWS CloudTrail is enabled to monitor activity on the AWS account
- AWS CloudWatch setup is done monitoring of the servers.
- Route53 will be used as DNS Service for weighted routing between GCP and AWS before routing 100% traffic to AWS.
- Database Migration was used for migration as the Customer had a very slim window for the cut-over to prodution
- Highly Available and a very Scalable architecture has been provisioned at all layers
- The Client is expecting a huge growth in its own Customer base year-on-year, and with the infrastructure provisioned by Rapdyer, they are now well prepared to meet the challenges of the near future
Rapyder Cloud Solutions is agile, innovative company that makes Cloud work for you. With a young, passionate team and expertise in Cloud Computing Solutions, Big Data, Marketing & Commerce, DevOps and Managed Services, Rapyder is the leading provider of Strategic Cloud Consulting, Cloud Migration, DevOps Automation, Managed Services, and Security Consulting. With headquarters in Aiken, South Carolina, and development center in Bangalore, India, we have the global assimilation of the cloud industry and ensure optimal technology solutions to reduce costs, streamline business processes and gain business advantages for their clients. For any queries, call Rapyder Cloud Consultants on 073386 86644 today! To know more about the company, please visit http://www.rapyder.com