About The Client
TextileGenesis is a pioneering traceability platform custom built for the apparel ecosystem. Their platform is an outcome of intensive “grass-root” discussions with the entire apparel supply chain from fiber producers, fabric mills, dyeing house, cut & sew, to retail brands. It’s custom-built for the premium and sustainable textiles such as wood-based fibers, premium cotton, specialty filaments, silk, wool and cashmere.
Their vision is twofold: creating radical transparency from fiber-to-retail, and ensuring authenticity & provenance of sustainable textiles against generics.
Customer has an application for its users in the apparel ecosystem that they wanted to host on AWS Cloud. The expectation from this implementation on AWS was:
- Consulting and Architecture of their existing infrastructure for AWS cloud
- Best practices from Security, Cost, Availability and Architecture perspective
- Backup implementation for the Servers
TextileGenesis was looking for a partner with AWS expertise to help them migrate efficiently. Also, they wanted to automate their software release lifecycle and were looking to implement CI-CD as part of DevOps enablement.
Consultants at Rapyder had multiple discussions with the Customer to understand their requirements for the migration as well as their existing software release processes. Our Cloud engineers proposed an optimal solution stitched around AWS Cloud. The following solutions were proposed and implemented:
- All Servers were provisioned in private subnets which was behind the Load Balancer
- OpenVPN server was setup to connect directly to the instances in private servers from local.
- NAT Gateway used for all outgoing internet connections from private servers.
- AWS CloudTrail and CloudWatch were set up for audit logs and monitoring of the servers.
- WAF was implemented to block all unwanted API calls and avoid cross site scripting and common web vulnerabilities.
- For CI-CD, CodePipeline was setup for continuous deployment.
- CodePipeline to be triggered in case of any changes made on GitHub that would start the pipeline.
- AWS CodePipeline would invoke the CodeBuild to build the application; upon successful build AWS CodePipeline would trigger deployment using AWS CodeDeploy.
- CodeDeploy used to deploy the artifacts to the target servers.
- ARollbacks were also configured in a way that in case of a failed deployment, previous stable version would be deployed.
- Client was already using Atlas Mongodb. As a Security best practice, our Engineers created the VPC peering connection for MongoDB and AWS VPC for secured access.
- Highly available and scalable architecture was provisioned at all layers
- CI/CD implemented – Customer was able to deploy new releases with zero downtime.
Rapyder Cloud Solutions is agile, innovative company that makes Cloud work for you. With a young, passionate team and expertise in Cloud Computing Solutions, Big Data, Marketing & Commerce, DevOps and Managed Services, Rapyder is the leading provider of Strategic Cloud Consulting, Cloud Migration, DevOps Automation, Managed Services, and Security Consulting. With headquarters in Bangalore and sales & Support office in Delhi, India, we have the global assimilation of the cloud industry and ensure optimal technology solutions to reduce costs, streamline business processes and gain business advantages for their clients. For any queries, call Rapyder Cloud Consultants on +91 73386 86644 today! To know more about the company, please visit http://www.rapyder.com