About The Client
Customer offers a best-in-class AI platform that works at the intersection of social data and consumer intelligence. Their platform has mastered the Social Data set, that can best be utilized to understand consumers at scale, to build the Google of the social web – unleashing the power of accurate and predictive consumer insight for all the software in the world, making it truly intelligent.
Customer was already on the Cloud with Azure, currently running their two flagship products on it – Scout and Deeper Sense. They wanted to migrate the applications to AWS for the following reasons:
- Reduce the overall cost
- Apply best practices to help scale
They were looking for a partner with AWS expertise to help them migrate efficiently. Both applications being business critical, they wanted the minimal of downtime during this process. The amount of data to be migrated was in terabytes and the entire migration had to be done within extremely short timelines.
Our Cloud architects held discovery sessions with the Customer to understand their requirement and studied the working of their application to provide an optimum solution for the migration. Team Rapyder stitched the solution around AWS services to be used which were appropriate for the customer’s application. The following solutions were proposed and implemented:
- For seamless connectivity to Azure, a VPN connection was provisioned from AWS account to AZURE account.
- The NoSQL databases were extended into AWS taking into account, the huge amount of data to be transferred.
- The search engine of the application having terabytes of data into the clusters on AWS by extending the clusters into AWS which ensured zero downtime.
- All other servers were created in private subnet only to be accessed within a VPC for security with a load balancer.
- The NoSQL db cluster and search engine cluster was deployed across Availability zones for HA.
- OpenVPN server was provisioned to connect directly to the instances in private servers from local.
- NAT Gateway used for all outgoing internet connections from private servers.
- Reserved instances recommendations helped in reducing the cost further after a month of migration.
- The entire migration along (including the database of 5TB) was completed within 10 days taking into consideration the timelines requested by the Customer.
- The solution provisioned is Highly available and scalable at all layers of the application.
- The Customer was able to realize a cost savings of almost 25% cost as compared to what he was paying on Azure.
Rapyder Cloud Solutions is agile, innovative company that makes Cloud work for you. With a young, passionate team and expertise in Cloud Computing Solutions, Big Data, Marketing & Commerce, DevOps and Managed Services, Rapyder is the leading provider of Strategic Cloud Consulting, Cloud Migration, DevOps Automation, Managed Services, and Security Consulting. With headquarters in Bangalore and sales & Support office in Delhi, India, we have the global assimilation of the cloud industry and ensure optimal technology solutions to reduce costs, streamline business processes and gain business advantages for their clients. For any queries, call Rapyder Cloud Consultants on +91 73386 86644 today! To know more about the company, please visit http://www.rapyder.com