About The Client
Headquartered in the US, with offices in Mumbai and Beijing, Square Panda was founded by Andy Butler, the CEO, who initially started this with the objective of helping his dyslexic
daughter to learn. Square Panda is an award-winning, edtech literacy platform and research-based phonics learning system, aimed at pre-readers and early readers, worldwide.
Equipped with this AI-based platform that assesses and engages learners, Square Panda is on a mission to empower all children to reach their full potential. Square Panda’s adaptive platform helps children globally, across skill sets and socio-economic backgrounds to equip themselves with reading, writing and communicative skills. The learning experience is joyful and based on innovative teaching practices.
The Business Need
The applications were already hosted on AWS in the US. However, with the new setup in India, SquarePanda wanted to expand its operations in India and China and wanted to implement the hosting of applications on AWS in these new geographical locations as well. The Client wanted to address the business need of a faster go-to-market facility and deliver enhanced customer experience that would be brought about with this implementation.
It was looking for a partner who could provide them with an AWS solution for their application in addition to ensuring, scalability, high availability and security. Rapyder Cloud Solutions, an Advanced AWS Consulting partner with extensive experience and competency in successful cloud migration and implementation services, was chosen and partnered with.
This led to the Customer looking for a solution that would improve its delivery and support of IT while lowering the total cost of ownership.
To effectively address the business need of the Client, Rapyder’s team of Cloud Architects thoroughly studied the former’s requirement for implementation. A customized solution around AWS services was implemented while applying Cloud Deployment Architecture best practices and business continuity principles. The following proposed solution and architecture approach was implemented by Rapyder,
- In the new AWS infrastructure, all the servers were launched in private subnets for ease of administration and control with most components deployed in multi-AZ configuration to avoid single-point failure.
- AWS managed load balancer was used to balance the traffic across two availability zones. The balancer was configured to route all site traffic, including dynamic pages
- AWS managed NAT Gateway was used for any outbound traffic from servers in private subnets
- Monitoring and alerts were set up on each server to monitor the metrics, like CPU, memory and disk
- Cloudtrail was enabled for all regions. CI/CD pipelines were setup for each application components, where AWS CodePipeline and CodeDeploy were used.
- Time-to-market significantly reduced by 30% with high agility achieved
- The new infrastructure was up and running in two weeks’ time
- No single point of failure was witnessed as the environment was running in high availability, behind the load balancer
Rapyder Cloud Solutions is agile, innovative company that makes Cloud work for you. With a young, passionate team and expertise in Cloud Computing Solutions, Big Data, Marketing & Commerce, DevOps and Managed Services, Rapyder is the leading provider of Strategic Cloud Consulting, Cloud Migration, DevOps Automation, Managed Services, and Security Consulting. With headquarters in Bangalore and sales & Support office in Delhi, India, we have the global assimilation of the cloud industry and ensure optimal technology solutions to reduce costs, streamline business processes and gain business advantages for their clients. For any queries, call Rapyder Cloud Consultants on +91 73386 86644 today! To know more about the company, please visit https://www.rapyder.com