Organizations successful cloud transformation solely depends upon the skills and expertise of the teams working in it. There is a continuous requirement for reskilling and upskilling in order to get ROI way too quicker than expected. It is important to follow the right path and to continuously foster cloud learning.
Continuous learning involves high spirits and constant efforts to gain knowledge every passing day and adding something new on board. There are two ways to foster continuous learning for cloud- online learning also called e-learning and official certifications and exams by joining an institute.
Here are 6 ways that can help you foster continuous learning for cloud and benefit your organization and yourself:
- Organizations putting focus in Learning Management Systems (LMS): If you want to track progress for each employee separately, having an individual education system for employees and management will help. It is important to track if any employee is left behind in the process of digital transformation. Many companies claim 100% digitally skilled staff, and in that case, management needs to ensure there is a constant learning amongst all employees in all technological/digital aspects. Conducting training webinars will also help the employees gain that extra knowledge and go that extra mile. The education plans can also include online communities, presentations, webinars and industry events. Feedback giving must be a constant part of the education plans.
- Doing skills analysis and filling gaps: The organization must be wary of industrys present and future trends. The industry keeps on changing and keeping up with the industry trends will help organization create innovatively. A gap analysis helps the organization find out where the team stands right now, and where it needs to reach, to what level. The skill-gap analysis can be analyzed on the following skills: Technical, Inter-personal and Business.
- Technical Skills include automation, cloud networking, databases, application architecture, security, governance, cloud account management, tooling expertise, etc.
- Interpersonal skills include cross-functionality, ability to mentor, communication and collaboration
- Business skills include ability to translate business motives into development teams and optimizing companys growth.
- Financing the certifications for employees: There might be employees who would not originally belong to technical or cloud background. It is very important to bring them on the same page with companys expectations. With certifications, employees can confidently and practically implement their learnings. It benefits the employee as well as the organization too. Reimbursing their certification cost will only motivate the employees to learn more and support your business. Sharing the achievement of one employee will definitely push the other employees and motivate them to foster continuous learning as well.
- Supporting internal communities: A resource center can be created where in the skilled teams can share their best practices, education plans, their experiences and their learnings. Many companies create cloud center of excellence which enhances overall growth. By supporting the skilled teams for cloud building, organization ensures long term cloud transformation. They must put focus in understanding current goals of employees and bring those in align with their own goals, hence resulting in productive cloud learning.
- Collaborating with the experts: In order to push employee to the journey of self-starting, one can start by bringing in the education partners and experts on board. There are many e-learning platforms which guide the user with expert online teachers. Many people prefer learning directly from a human talking than just reading the material from ppts or documents.
Learning works differently for different people. It is indeed of utmost importance that employees in an organization never stop learning. One needs to keep sharing information with fellow employees in order to make this learning a success instead of a failure. And even if there are failures prevailing, one must continuously learn from those and share the failures too. It becomes sole responsibility of the organization to always keep space for learning, experimentation and sharing.
What to Read Next?
STAY UP TO DATE WITH OUR NEWSLETTER
Sign-up for our Newsletter to receive insights, research and expert articles on AWS Services, Cloud Migration, DevOps and other technologies.